Rink grips with or without 7º inclination/angle

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Fernando Paz

Rink grips with or without 7º inclination/angle

Post by Fernando Paz »

HI

I am considering moving on to a Pardini SP-New after finally giving up on the Smith and Wesson model 41.

I am also considering getting a Rink grip for it, but I am not sure about the option of 7º grip angle...

I haven't tried many grips/pistols, and even less anatomical grips, so I would like to know your opinions about this.

I will use it for Standard pistol training/competition (which here in Portugal is practiced by men, with rules very similar to bullseye but only open/iron sights allowed).

Thanks in advance

Fernando
GaryBF

Rink grip with 7 degree angle

Post by GaryBF »

Fernando,
The 7 degree option on the Rink grip is a wonderful feature-if you need it. I recently bought an Anschutz LP Junior air pistol and found that the factory grip adjustments were insufficient to correct my tendancy to point to the left. After a month or so I placed an order for a Rink grip with the 7 degree angle. I have had the new grip for one week and find that it largely corrected my left point of aim. Since the 7 degree option rotates your hand CCW about the grip, it does tend to crowd the trigger. The trigger on the LP Junior is adjustable so I am able to compensate for this, but I don't know if the Pardini trigger is similarly adjustable. My advice is to postpone buying the Rink grip until after shooting the Pardini for a while so you can determine your natural point of aim and whether you need the 7 degree option or not. The Rink grip is a quality product; the wood is good, the stipling is nicely done, the finger grooves are well defined, the palm rest works well, and the grip just feels good.
fred.mannis

Post by fred.mannis »

Fernando,
The other option is buy the Rink grip without the 7 degree option, then use putty to fill in the grip if you find that you need to. Much easier to add putty than to remove wood.

I have Rink grips on my Free Pistols and I like them very much. But even the best of grips often require some custom fitting.

Fred

Post by Guest »

I thought I needed a small or medium normal grip, but Mr Rink suggested a 7 degree large flat palm grip. This was very different from what I thought I needed, but its worked out to be the best fit for me. This was fro an aw93. I am now thinking that if I get any other grips they will be 7degree also.
Walter Young

Post by Walter Young »

Anonymous wrote:I thought I needed a small or medium normal grip, but Mr Rink suggested a 7 degree large flat palm grip. This was very different from what I thought I needed, but its worked out to be the best fit for me. This was fro an aw93. I am now thinking that if I get any other grips they will be 7degree also.
Not Guest. Not logged in.
Fernando Paz

Post by Fernando Paz »

Thank you very much for your help. Your suggestions make perfect sense. I think I'll just that.

About the last post, "Guest" , how did you get Mr. Rink to advise you on your choice of grip? Did you speak to him personally?

Thanks again everyone

Fernando
Tope

Post by Tope »

Fernando,

I have a Rink grip in all my pistols (LP10, Toz35 and Pardini SP1). In my TOZ35 and Pardini SP1 the grip is with the 7 degree angle. The main reason of using 7 degree angle in these pistols is that I have short fingers. Now I can reach the trigger properly in both pistols. I also have a tendency to aim to the left. The 7 degree angle solves this problem. In my LP10 I have solved this by adjusting the angle of the grip. This is not possible with Toz35 and pardini SP1.

So the 7 degree angle works very well for me. But if you don´t aim to the left and if you don´t have short fingers, why should you buy a grip with 7 degree angle?

Tope
Fernando Paz

Post by Fernando Paz »

I do have short fingers and a tendency to point left - at least with my S&W .41.

I also have to correct a tendency to "align" incorrectly the pistol/rear sight: when I do it naturally, I tend to end up with it leaning diagonally towards my right side (clockwise), while my front sight points slightly to the left.

I think the 7º angle might help with this, but I also fear it may keep hiding a technical flaw which I should correct...
Walter Young

Post by Walter Young »

You might want to just buy the gun with the normal Pardini grips and see how that works for a good long while, especially if you are not very familiar with anatomical grips. Pardini grips are very good.
I sent Rink an email with a small digital photo of my hand with a ruler in the photo next to my hand.
I also spoke with Larry Carter the US distributor about the sizes, and he said that the Rink grip measurements run smaller than others and he suggested that people buy the next larger size if the hand measurements are close to the next size up.
My hand size measured with a caliper from the knuckles is 84mm. With my hand pressed down on a ruler it shows 90mm. I also have short fingers and medium meaty hands, but I don't point left.
I wouldn't worry too much about technical flaws.
I also got used to the 7 degree angle very quickly.
I hope this helps.
jh

Grip angle

Post by jh »

Or just try turning your head a bit.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Walter Young wrote:You might want to just buy the gun with the normal Pardini grips and see how that works for a good long while, especially if you are not very familiar with anatomical grips. Pardini grips are very good.
I sent Rink an email with a small digital photo of my hand with a ruler in the photo next to my hand.
I also spoke with Larry Carter the US distributor about the sizes, and he said that the Rink grip measurements run smaller than others and he suggested that people buy the next larger size if the hand measurements are close to the next size up.
My hand size measured with a caliper from the knuckles is 84mm. With my hand pressed down on a ruler it shows 90mm. I also have short fingers and medium meaty hands, but I don't point left.
I wouldn't worry too much about technical flaws.
I also got used to the 7 degree angle very quickly.
I hope this helps.
Interesting. My hand dimensions/description are exactly yours. I have a Rink size small, 0 degree, std palm swell grip on my Pardini K22 FP. They are a beautiful fit - like a glove - and the sights come up and stay in line. So every shooter must work out for him/herself what works best.

Fred