Ft Benning National

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Ft Benning National

Post by Guest »

Anyone going to Ft Benning. I'm looking for hotel/motel prices in the area. Cost is a factor- I guess that is for everyone.
Jamesn

Post by Jamesn »

When is the airpistol dates? I remember it was like 2-4 days. do you have to come for all of the days? cna you come for the last few?
PETE S

Post by PETE S »

Got to this link for the match program.

http://www.usashooting.com/modules.php? ... oad&sid=66

you may enter any single event or several. But you should have fired some loacl PTO's and know the rules for the events you enter. WE would be pleased to help you details at the nationals as long as you know the basic procedures.

and you msut be a USAS member or member of your national governing body is not from the US.

emial me a cavalierip@hotmail.com for more information.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I hadn't realised how expensive your competitions are - I assume this is a lot more expensive than 'ordinary' competitions ?

Rob.
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

RobStubbs wrote:I hadn't realised how expensive your competitions are - I assume this is a lot more expensive than 'ordinary' competitions ?

Rob.
Way more; Preliminary Try Out's (PTO) in Rhode Island and Massachusetts rarely cost more than $25US.

Post by Guest »

GOVTMODEL wrote:
RobStubbs wrote:I hadn't realised how expensive your competitions are - I assume this is a lot more expensive than 'ordinary' competitions ?

Rob.
Way more; Preliminary Try Out's (PTO) in Rhode Island and Massachusetts rarely cost more than $25US.
For 2-3 events plus the cost of transportation and housing and you are looking at a significant outlay.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

That's what I thought. For comparison our most expensive comp - that I can think of is about 17 pounds (about 25 dollars) - for a single 60-shot AP match.

Rob.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Check online for hotels in Columbus, GA. Many shooters stay at the Sleep Inn and we usually stay at the La Quinta. I noticed online that all of the Marriott properties are already booked during the competition. You should be able to find something suitable in the area and Ft. Benning is very easy to get to from any part of town. Download maps before you leave and if you are going to drive on base be sure to bring your vehicle registration and proof of insursnce. Happy shooting!

Post by Guest »

The Colony Inn on Victory Drive is 37.50 per night. If you stay a week they will give you contractor rates. The phone number 706 689 1590.