unidentified competition air pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
scerir

unidentified competition air pistol

Post by scerir »

I've seen today in Rome, during a competition, a new air pistol shooting.
It looked exactly like a Matchguns MG1 (by Cesare Morini). But it was electronic. The electronics was under the barrel, just in front of the trigger tongue, with a brilliant green led (going black after the shot, for a little while) on one side. No stabilizers at all.
Imo it is a new (experimental at this stage) model, a MG1-EL, or the like.
I could not ask anything to the shooter because he compeition was on.
-serafino
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

According to the latest ISSF News in their report on the IWA 2006 show:-

"Cesare MORINI and Stefano CALZETTI of MatchGuns introduced electronically triggered versions of air pistol MG1, free pistol MG 2 and free pistol MG 5. The latter will be available already this spring, because all it takes is the new trigger mechanism. MG 1 and MG 2 will be available a little later."

You are probably right that you saw an electronic MG1.
scerir

Post by scerir »

David Levene wrote:You are probably right that you saw an electronic MG1.
Fine. The good points are: those two stabilizers are not there anymore;
the new electronic model looks more stable during the shot (are there
holes in the barrel?); the speed of the pellet seems less than the usual
high speed of a MG1 (but this depends also on that screw); the electronics is out of the grip; the shape looks impressive, something coming from Mars.

Now I'm expecting the new Pardini K2-Electronic, with that new fast percussion system. I mean the solenoid acting *itself* *directly* on the pin and causing the percussion. But I do not know if this all stuff is in front of the trigger or not. (Does the new MG1-Electronic I've seen have the same percussion system?).

Regards, s.
ds

Post by ds »

SAM Arms (http://www.samarms.ch) list these electronic triggered MG's for sale on their site.

On the left there is a menu option "Electronics trigger"... it doesn't have much info and the pic for the MG1 looks the same as always, but it's called MG1E and they lsit retail as about 1,800 CHF (Swiss Franc)... think that's about $1,200-1,400, but you'll have to check the tax and shipping and exchange rates.

Don't know how this works, but there has always been collaboration between SAM and other manufacturers (like Hammerli) and also with Cesare Morini himself (their own APs being very similar to the MG1)...