Sad Sad no more AR S. cali

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

ado

Sad Sad no more AR S. cali

Post by ado »

Im so sad no more AR match in S. cali, where are the 10m AR shooters in S. cali?

Post by Guest »

didnt you whine about this afew months ago? whatsa matta now - someone take their ball and bat and go home? why don't you just reply to the old topic to bring it up again.
TWP

Post by TWP »

Better yet,

Why don't you set up a match?

Air rifle doesn't need a fancy facility. We shoot our matches in an old 3 bay tractor barn on our clubs property. I've seen matches shot in High School Gymnasiums, fair grounds 4H buildings, and VFW halls.

Don't just sit there and complain about no matches.

Do something to ensure that there are matches.
j.edwards

Re: Sad Sad no more AR S. cali

Post by j.edwards »

ado wrote:Im so sad no more AR match in S. cali, where are the 10m AR shooters in S. cali?
This is just my opinion:

Some of the AR shooters that were attending the Phoenix Club PTO's have left for college, Chris Abalo and Stacey Underwood, most conspicuously. Others from that group only shot AR on week nights because the opportunity was there. Given the option of an AR match or shooting smallbore during the weekend, most would choose smallbore.

If you were able to schedule range time somewhere on week nights, you might get a better response.
AW

I like to reply to j. Edwards

Post by AW »

I like to reply to j. Edwards
You said “Others from that group only shot AR on week nights because the opportunity was there…”. There is no opportunity to shoot there, unless you join that German American (Nazi) shooting club, and I will give you one guess as to who they will let in. There was an American Junior club that rent that place from them. They shoot every Thursday night. The junior coach that runs that American junior club let anybody that want to shoot 10-meter airgun to shoot for $3 (cheap). When I was going , there were a few adult 10-meter air rifle shooters. Over a year ago, that Nazi club decided to shut this operation down without any explanation, and they don’t need any because it is their private club. If we Americans are into precision style shooting and have interest in 10-meter airguns, there would be airgun clubs all over U.S. of A., but this is not the case. Why? Because we are real men, not like those candy-ass Europeans and those Asians, and real men shoots the Hi-power rifles and shotguns. But then again, who wins most of those Olympic medals in precision shooting? Yes you guess it, those candy-asses (a.k.a REAL men and women).

Please see posting titled “Los Angeles AR shooter are dead”
j.edwards

Re: I like to reply to j. Edwards

Post by j.edwards »

AW wrote:I like to reply to j. Edwards
You said “Others from that group only shot AR on week nights because the opportunity was there…”. There is no opportunity to shoot there, unless you join that German American (Nazi) shooting club, and I will give you one guess as to who they will let in. There was an American Junior club that rent that place from them. They shoot every Thursday night. The junior coach that runs that American junior club let anybody that want to shoot 10-meter airgun to shoot for $3 (cheap). When I was going , there were a few adult 10-meter air rifle shooters. Over a year ago, that Nazi club decided to shut this operation down without any explanation, and they don’t need any because it is their private club. If we Americans are into precision style shooting and have interest in 10-meter airguns, there would be airgun clubs all over U.S. of A., but this is not the case. Why? Because we are real men, not like those candy-ass Europeans and those Asians, and real men shoots the Hi-power rifles and shotguns. But then again, who wins most of those Olympic medals in precision shooting? Yes you guess it, those candy-asses (a.k.a REAL men and women).

Please see posting titled “Los Angeles AR shooter are dead”
I was one of the AR shooters that was there on Thursday nights. I was still shooting there when the Phoenix Club deided to deny further access. I also read almost all of the previous posting titled “Los Angeles AR shooter are dead.”

I guess that I didn't communicate my thoughts very well. My point is this: a number of the people that were shooting AR on Thursday nights also shoot other disciplines, like smallbore .22 @ 50 meters. They shot AR on Thursdays at the Phoenix Club because they could. Given the choice to shoot AR or smallbore on the weekend, most would chose smallbore.

In the posts from “Los Angeles AR shooter are dead,” it appeared that potential matches would be at Prado, which is only open during daylight hours and not at night during the week. If there were AR matches/range sessions on week nights, I would almost assuredly attend. I think that there are atleast a few others that would welcome the chance to shoot AR during the week.
AW

I repeat

Post by AW »

reply to J. Edwards

Like I said "If we Americans are into precision style shooting and have interest in 10-meter airguns, there would be airgun clubs all over U.S. of A., but this is not the case. "
Jose Rossy

Re: I like to reply to j. Edwards

Post by Jose Rossy »

AW wrote:If we Americans are into precision style shooting and have interest in 10-meter airguns, there would be airgun clubs all over U.S. of A., but this is not the case. Why? Because we are real men, not like those candy-ass Europeans and those Asians, and real men shoots the Hi-power rifles and shotguns.
Have you ever shot NRA Highpower Rifle? If so, what is your classification in that sport?

Something tells me you know absolutely nothing about Highpower and you are merely insulting the sport and its participants to bolster a weak argument with an ad hominem.

Jose "real man HP shooter and candy-ass SB shooter" Rossy
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

Based on the fact that Air Rifles don't make as much noise, can use any forty foot by 4 foot area per person for a match, and don't require as much paperwork, Air Rifle matches in the USA should become more numerous. We have had at least 20 advanced rifle shooters in Sedgwick county. So far, only two of the kids have shot any smallbore. Most seem to be happy only shooting sporter air rifle.

Later

Mike
AW

Reply to Jose Rossy

Post by AW »

I think you maybe right. Based on my limited experience, I didn’t give hi-power rifle shooters a chance. Maybe they are the best rifle shooters in the world, but I just don’t know. For now, I would like to be on your side and say, “Hi-power rifle shooters are the best rifle shooters in the world. Second to none.” Also I know we have a lot of great hi-power rifle shooters in the good ole U.S. of A. With that said. I just have one question … How come our country’s great hi-power rifle shooters don’t go out and win some Olympic medals for us in air rifle and smallbore? Please, don’t tell me they don’t have the time to dedicate to the Olympic rifle sports. Because such great hi-power rifle shooters requires very little time to be tops in AR and SB rifles. After all AR are for kids and candy-asses.

With so many great hi-power rifle shooters, the European countries and Asian countries don’t have a chance. I say Olympic medal sweep all the way.
Jose Rossy

Re: Reply to Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

AW wrote: How come our country’s great hi-power rifle shooters don’t go out and win some Olympic medals for us in air rifle and smallbore? .
Probably because they don't give a damn about what the rest of the world does.

Let me ask you. What have YOU done to get some Olympic Gold here? After all, you care about that sooooo much.
j.edwards

Post by j.edwards »

"If we Americans are into precision style shooting and have interest in 10-meter airguns, there would be airgun clubs all over U.S. of A., but this is not the case. "

I don't agree. There are a whole bunch of people that are into precision shooting and are interested in AR, but are not motivated enough to start their own club.

Besides that, your comments about the Phoenix Club members make you as much of a biggot as you are accusing them of being.

You know what, your sarcastic comments really stink. It seems that all you want to do is insult everyone that isn't myopically dedicated to AR.
As others have said, if you're so bothered by the situation why don't you do something about it, instead of making sarcastic comments about shooters in other disciplines?

If all you want to do is complain and make racist and sarcastic comments, please go away.
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

j.edwards wrote:You know what, your sarcastic comments really stink. It seems that all you want to do is insult everyone that isn't myopically dedicated to AR.
As others have said, if you're so bothered by the situation why don't you do something about it, instead of making sarcastic comments about shooters in other disciplines?

If all you want to do is complain and make racist and sarcastic comments, please go away.
+1
AW

To: Ado

Post by AW »

Ado,

I hope these postings give you an idea what people is like in the shooting community. Based on my experience they are on the mild side.

So far only you and a guy from Korea town in Los Angeles is interested in starting a 10-meter air rifle club, and this guy don’t even own a 10-meter air rifle or pistol. There is a CASA airgun club that used to shoot 10-meter air rifle also, even the running boar, but interest petered out so they stop doing it. I will contact you when we can get enough people for 10-meter AR.

Regards,
AW

P.S. Did you ever visit the Phoenix club and see if you can join?
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Jose Rossy wrote:
AW wrote: How come our country’s great hi-power rifle shooters don’t go out and win some Olympic medals for us in air rifle and smallbore? .
Probably because they don't give a damn about what the rest of the world does.
AW's attitude of country first, athlete second is bad. It leads to the use of drugs and other bad practices.
ado

Reply to AW

Post by ado »

I just e-mail them no response on Phoenix club. Just post 0r e-mail me about 10M AR club. (ado21qm@aol.com). Thanks
AW

Reply to Ado

Post by AW »

Ado,

Don't try too hard with the Phoenix club. I don't think they will let you join.
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

AW wrote: After all AR are for kids.
So true.....
Jose Rossy

Re: To: Ado

Post by Jose Rossy »

AW wrote:Ado,

I hope these postings give you an idea what people is like in the shooting community. Based on my experience they are on the mild side.
Aren't you a part of the shooting community?
AW

Reply to Jose Rossy

Post by AW »

Nope, I am not white, remember?