Good ole Steyr pistol trigger

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Alexey931

Good ole Steyr pistol trigger

Post by Alexey931 »

Hi, everybody,

Can anybody suggest a way to get the subject? Not the ALU thing, not that twisty black trigger shoe thing, but the first variety of the Steyr trigger, LP1 and first issues of LP10 used to be equipped with? Not that I were not willing to pay, but living in Russia I have a bit of a trouble transferring money to the West.

Best regards, Alexey
Richard H

Re: Good ole Steyr pistol trigger

Post by Richard H »

Alexey931 wrote:Hi, everybody,

Can anybody suggest a way to get the subject? Not the ALU thing, not that twisty black trigger shoe thing, but the first variety of the Steyr trigger, LP1 and first issues of LP10 used to be equipped with? Not that I were not willing to pay, but living in Russia I have a bit of a trouble transferring money to the West.

Best regards, Alexey
Are there Steyr dealers in Russia, I just bought mine from the dealer in Canada. If not I'm sure one of the dealers in Europe or even the steyr factory could help.
Alexey931

Post by Alexey931 »

No, there is no Steyr dealership in Russia to the extent you wouldn't beleive. And Steyr don't manufacture the item in question any more, to my knowledge. It's the question of some surplus.

Best regards, Alexey

Post by Guest »

The LP2 trigger looks to be the same.
Alexey931

Post by Alexey931 »

Sure. But it isn't on the list with Steyr accessories, or am I mistaken?

Post by Guest »

It doesnt have to be an accessory, just order one. If they make it, they will supply.
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

Alexy
we sell a lot of these triggers, they are no problem to get from Steyr. As many good connections as Steyr has with the Russian team, I would be suprised if you could not get this in Russia somehow
Fred

2 or 3???

Post by Fred »

In his initial posting, Alexey mentions 3 finds of Steyr AP triggers (trigger blades), but I am aware of only 2. Would someone please refer me to pictures, or give an explanation of what the 3 types are? I would really appreciate it.

TIA,
FredB
Lents

Post by Lents »

Alexey, please look at your messages folder
Richard H

Re: 2 or 3???

Post by Richard H »

Fred wrote:In his initial posting, Alexey mentions 3 finds of Steyr AP triggers (trigger blades), but I am aware of only 2. Would someone please refer me to pictures, or give an explanation of what the 3 types are? I would really appreciate it.

TIA,
FredB
There are 3:

1. The original has only adjustment back and forth along the rail on the Pistol (This was found on the LP 1 and LP5, maybe even early LP10's don't know)

2. The adjustable trigger shoe allowed the adjust above as well the shoe could be moved up and down the post and rotated left to right and back to front.

3. The shoe part actually looks like #1 but has the adjustments of #2.

The problem with #2 for me was that I have short fingers and could never bring it back far enough because the adjustment screw on the trigger was on the back of the trigger and the whole Mech. was kind of large, I went to the LP1 Shoe and that solved my problem, I have since tried the latest shoe #3 and it too works for me as it can be moved back as far as shoe #1.

Post by Guest »

Fred, this is the one that Alexey wants.
http://freespace.virgin.net/tony.crowe/lp1p.html

This one was fitted to LP10 and currently Anschutz LP@.
http://www.pilkguns.com/lp10.htm

This is the latest one for the LP10. Follow accessories, air pistol, ALU Vario Trigger Blade.
http://www.steyr-sportwaffen.com/index2.php
Fred

Thanks

Post by Fred »

Anonymous wrote:Fred, this is the one that Alexey wants.
http://freespace.virgin.net/tony.crowe/lp1p.html

This one was fitted to LP10 and currently Anschutz LP@.
http://www.pilkguns.com/lp10.htm

This is the latest one for the LP10. Follow accessories, air pistol, ALU Vario Trigger Blade.
http://www.steyr-sportwaffen.com/index2.php
Guest,

Thanks much for the links - that was exactly the information I needed! I was not aware of the latest one for the LP10, and it looks very nice. However, I can't see from the Steyr link how the blade assembly is secured to the cylindrical trigger bar. Is there a set screw on the left side (unseen in the photo)?

Thanks,
FredB
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Fred wrote:However, I can't see from the Steyr link how the blade assembly is secured to the cylindrical trigger bar. Is there a set screw on the left side (unseen in the photo)?
This is the Alu Vario that came on my LP50. I swapped it with my LP1 trigger and like it so much that I am buying another to put on the LP50. It moves along and rotates about the mounting rail. There is a small post at right angle to the mounting rail and the blade moves up and down this post as well as rotates about it.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Didn't seem to work the first time
Alexey931

On the availability of Steyr parts in Russia

Post by Alexey931 »

Alexy
we sell a lot of these triggers, they are no problem to get from Steyr. As many good connections as Steyr has with the Russian team, I would be suprised if you could not get this in Russia somehow
Dear Sir,

You are dead right about the good connections with the Russian team, but there are, shall we say, nuances... You have to catch a member of the team at the right moment (before some match abroad, where there is Steyr dealership), make him remember, then deliver the thing to you and not to somebody else (happens all the time). In practice and in terms of time in means months building up into years.
For instance: the story of the broken hammer spring, which already left some tiny footprint with pilkguns and targettalk. After some eight months of asking, forgetting, unhappy coincidences, etc., I asked my friend in Wisconsin for help. He ordered the sorry thing from pilkguns (50 cents)and mailed it to me. Remember that you just can't shoot your gun without the hammer spring. I've been soliciting the trigger for more than a year. Succeeded once in delivering it to somebody else. The last try was in Moscow, at the Europe championship. The dealers who normally attend such matches were refused custom clearance. So much for good connections. Of course you can shoot your even with a trigger you don't like, and that helps a lot.

Best regards, Alexey
trebilcock

ALU Vario Trigger Blade

Post by trebilcock »

I would like to try this trigger blade on my LP@ but I can't find it on our host's web page. Would some one tell me roughy what they cost?
Thanks, John
David Levene

Re: ALU Vario Trigger Blade

Post by David Levene »

trebilcock wrote:I would like to try this trigger blade on my LP@ but I can't find it on our host's web page. Would some one tell me roughy what they cost?
Thanks, John
Have you tried emailing them info@pilkguns.com

They can give you the exact price.
GaryBF

Steyr Alu Vario Trigger

Post by GaryBF »

trebilcock,
If you look at Pilkguns price list under Steyr, they list an LP10 trigger (new style) for $35.00 USD. I believe that is what you want.
Fred

thanks

Post by Fred »

Fred Mannis wrote:
This is the Alu Vario that came on my LP50. I swapped it with my LP1 trigger and like it so much that I am buying another to put on the LP50. It moves along and rotates about the mounting rail. There is a small post at right angle to the mounting rail and the blade moves up and down this post as well as rotates about it.
FredM,

Thanks for the picture. It certainly is clear from your picture how the unit is secured to the bar, as you can see the end of a tightening screw. For some reason, this screw is absent in the Steyr website photo.

Thanks,
FredB