How do you select you pellets for AR

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

ado

How do you select you pellets for AR

Post by ado »

Guys how do you select your pellets? By batch or use caliper. thanks

Post by Guest »

use the diameter that was used with the factory test target, for starters, if you don't want to be bored firing a bunch of test batches for grouping. otherwise quite simply pick them straight from the tin, just taking care not topick any with obvious skirt damage. if you don't drop the tins, they stay pretty "factory fresh"
B&S

pellet size

Post by B&S »

the sizes of pellets are not all the seem to be. A 4.49 from one manufacturer will not mic the same as one from another. The only true way is to shoot all that you can get your hand on. I had to shoot R10s - H&N , anschutz and vogel in all the sizes that they make and finnally settled on Vogel 4.49 for our 700 feinwerkbeau. What else was interesting was that if you get a pellet that was too big, if you rolled them in some tsi 301 before you put them in the chamber thay shot quit a bit tighter.
TWP

Post by TWP »

I call up the major suppliers and order 1 tin each of several sizes and brands.

I then use one of Newt Engle's Angies rests bolted to the concrete floor and I try the pellets in the air gun they will be used in.

When I find a pellet that will shoot 10 shots into a single hole no larger than that made by one pellet I call the supplier back and order several sleeves of the same lot number.