IZH46m trigger cant - adjustable?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Houngan

IZH46m trigger cant - adjustable?

Post by Houngan »

The subject says it. I'm a lefty, and I was wondering if there is a way to cant the trigger over to my side, as it comes from the factory considerably to the right. (either that, or I've whacked it against something at some point.) Advice or just a confirmation that it can't be done welcome.

Houngan
GaryBF

Post by GaryBF »

As delivered from the factory, the IZH46M trigger is canted to the right, so you didn't get a defective gun. Unfortunately for you, there is no way to change it to make it more suitable for a left-handed shooter. That makes me wonder how you are shooting the gun anyway, since the grip is right-handed.
Houngan

Post by Houngan »

GaryBF wrote:As delivered from the factory, the IZH46M trigger is canted to the right, so you didn't get a defective gun. Unfortunately for you, there is no way to change it to make it more suitable for a left-handed shooter. That makes me wonder how you are shooting the gun anyway, since the grip is right-handed.
I made my own grip. I suppose now I get to expand into metalworking. :-)

H.
Lents

Post by Lents »

Houngan

Post by Houngan »

I went the easy route. I dremeled a trigger blade from a jigsaw blade, and used JB Weld to stick it on the side of the normal trigger. After that set, I gooped some more JB Weld on the surface and surrounding bits. I let that set for a few hours, then shot 30 or so shots, imprinting the shape of my finger (and fingerprint) into the slightly soft goo. Now that it has set, I have a trigger on my side of the guard, with a perfect mold of my finger. We'll see how much it helps.

H.
Lanning R. Hochhauser

Trigger Mod

Post by Lanning R. Hochhauser »

I went the easy route. I dremeled a trigger blade from a jigsaw blade, and used JB Weld to stick it on the side of the normal trigger. After that set, I gooped some more JB Weld on the surface and surrounding bits. I let that set for a few hours, then shot 30 or so shots, imprinting the shape of my finger (and fingerprint) into the slightly soft goo. Now that it has set, I have a trigger on my side of the guard, with a perfect mold of my finger. We'll see how much it helps.

Got pictures?