NCAA Nationals?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Range Mom

NCAA Nationals?

Post by Range Mom »

Aloha,

Does anyone know a website where the results are being posted for today and tomorrow's NCAA national matches?

Thanks
Hap Rocketto

NCAA Results

Post by Hap Rocketto »

In the past they have been posted on the NCAA website, as well as those of the participating schools.
dtab55

Post by dtab55 »

Hap Rocketto

Smallbore Results

Post by Hap Rocketto »

USAFA Press Release

2006 NCAA National Collegiate Rifle Championships - Day 1

March 10, 2006

Colorado Springs, Colo. -- Jamie Beyerle, a senior from Alaska Fairbanks concludes her collegiate career as the 2006 NCAA Smallbore champion. On Friday, March 10, in day one of the NCAA Men's & Women's Rifle Championships at the U.S. Olympic Training Complex, Beyerle set the bar high with an aggregate score 593 early in relay one and never looked back. In the finals round, Beyerle shot a 97.5 to win the championship with a total score of 690.5.

"I walked in realizing this is my final year and I made the decision that I just wanted to have fun," said Beyerle. "There was no reason why I couldn't come into this, shoot well and have fun in the process. This is a very stressful match and you are with your team. I just wanted to put up a good score for my teammates," she added.

"Jamie is one of the top shooters in the world and she proved it today. For her to come in at her senior year, her final match, it's a great way to lead into the World Championships and Olympics in 2008," said Alaska head coach Dan Jordan.

Mississippi's senior Shannon Wilson followed with a final score of 688.5. Third place went to James Hall from Jacksonville State with a score of 685.3 followed by Joseph Hall (Jacksonville) with 683.9. Fifth place went to Kristina Fehlings from Nebraska with 683.3 and in sixth place was Christopher Abalo from Army who finished with a 682.6.

The top eight teams are 1. Jacksonville State (2339); 2. Alaska Fairbanks (2329); 3. Nebraska (2322); 4. USMA (2318); 5. Murray State (2310); 6. Navy (2303); 7. Kentucky (2296); 8. Mississippi (2295).

"Things are looking good, we've been shooting well in air rifle all year and tomorrow should be no different. I think the team will come out and shoot well after today's performance," said Jordan.

The air rifle championships will be held on Saturday, March 11 at the USOC in Colorado Springs. The event is open to the public.
Hap Rocketto

NCAA Second Day

Post by Hap Rocketto »

Fairbanks wins seventh rifle title

March 11, 2006

Colorado Springs, Colo. – Alaska Fairbanks claimed its seventh NCAA national title at the 2006 NCAA Men’s & Women’s Rifle Championships on March 11. The Nanooks scored 2353 in air rifle and 2329 in smallbore for a first-place total of 4682. Kristina Fehlings from Nebraska shot a final score of 100 to finish with a 692 to win this year’s air rifle national title. Nebraska finished in second place with an NCAA total 4666 followed by Army (4650), Navy (4625), Murray State (4621), Mississippi (4616) and Kentucky (4600).

“It’s exciting to be in first place, I just wanted to do my best for my team, being in first came second,” said Fehlings.

The top eight individuals in air rifle are Fehlings (692), Jamie Beyerle (690.4), Matt Rawlings (690.2), Misty Chanek (689.8), Matthias Dierolf (689.6), John Fiddes (687.6), Sarah Smith (687.2) and Josh Albright (684.5).

Alaska previously claimed six national titles from 1999-2004. Army won the title in 2005.

“It’s great to see Alaska take over the championship again,” commented head coach Dan Jordan who is in his first year of coaching the Nanooks. “We had three advances to the finals, Jamie Beyerle, Matt Rawlings and Matt Dieorlf. Beyerle won the smallbore title on Saturday with a final score of 691.

When it came to winning his first national championship Jordan said, “It’s their title and me being a first-year coach and whatever else I gave them throughout the year, I am going to allow them to do their best and they did it this weekend.”

--Courtesy Air Force
Hrick

Post by Hrick »

Is there a web site that lists the full results?

The NCAA web page only lists the scores for those who made the final. I'm looking for the complete results.

USA Shooting also only has summary articles

Thanks,
Rick
Hap Rocketto

Post by Hap Rocketto »

Rick,
Check out NCAA Rifle Results at www.airforcesports.com
Select Rifle from the team list. This is the best information I have been able to find. There are also some PDF files of results at the bottom of the page.
Hope it gives you what you are looking for.
Hap
litz10x

results

Post by litz10x »

USAShooting has a complete Excel file with all of the scores
www.usashooting.com
Link is at the top of the main homepage.

Steph
JSU '01
Hrick

Post by Hrick »

Great ! Thanks for your help.

USA Shooting's web page is so hard to navigate I must have missed it.

-Rick