Aadustable iris and front sight question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

DonC

Aadustable iris and front sight question

Post by DonC »

I have an Anschutz 2002 rifle with Anshutz sights. The invoice says model 7020 BUT the literature sent with it says 7002/20. There are no marking on the sight itself.
Anyway, I'm thinking about buying a rear peep that is variable iris. What is the benefit of doing so? Can you recommend a supplier and/or mfg?
Same question for adjustable front sight. I like a clear front sight with no posts. Is there an adjustable front sight like this?
Thanks in advance,
Don
snapy050

check web

Post by snapy050 »

check out www.anschutz-sport.com

Thats the best option you have!
RobH

Post by RobH »

I use adjustable front and rear irises on my air and smallbore rifles from Gehman. They are high quality and much less expensive that the Anschutz brand. For the front I use the clear adjustable iris. dont like the post of crosswire design, however I am thinnking of changing to the Centra duo glass iris on my smallbore rifle. It has small pins that are inserted and can been seen so as to control rifle cant. I have been told by an observer that my cant isn't always the same from shot to shot.

HTH

Rob

Post by Guest »

Don't worry about the discrepancy in naming the rearsight. The 7020 is the combined rearsight and forsight set. The 7002 is the rearsight itself.

A rear iris is very useful, it allows you to fine tune your sight picture and compensate for changes in lighting. These often come with coloured filters, that some people find helpful; I like a yellow/green colour on indoor ranges with flourescent lighting.

Foresight irises are useful, they are much quicker to adjust than metal or perspex inserts. Do remember that on the cheaper models only the inside of the aperture changes, the outside stays the same. This means that the thinkness of the ring gets bigger and smaller. You can get a replacement foresight tunnel that allows the ring thickness and the aperture to be adjusted.

Tim S

Exeter, UK
Jose Rossy

Re: check web

Post by Jose Rossy »

snapy050 wrote:check out www.anschutz-sport.com

Thats the best option you have!
Really? Ever heard of Centra? Gehmann?

Post by Guest »

www.targetshootingshop.com

They ship worlwide, fast shipping to

I use Gehmann rear iris its great, never bother with front irises.