Walther kk300

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

CordB

Walther kk300

Post by CordB »

Dose anyone know anything about the walther kk300 22. target rifle? They seem to be cheaper priced than the anschutz alu stock 1913. any info would help (pros,cons). Thanks-Cord
RobH

Post by RobH »

I have a KK200 Power Match with the upgraded KK300 trigger. It is very similar to the KK300. Mine came with the bloop tube and 2 different forend blocks. The tigger is amazing. The rifle is easily adjustable and everyting is well indexed so that your adjustments are eassy to reproduce. I have heard that the Anschutz alu stocks are prone to breakage at certain points, I have had no such problems. The bolt is chrome plated and it slides real smooth. I find the sights to be very good. thay are made of steel and are quite heavy and well built (no plastic). I remove them for storage and usually have to make very little if any adjustments to the zero the next time I mount them. I found the gun to be a little front heavy for my taste and have added about 1lb of weight to the but plate assembly and now it balances perfectly.

Price was partially a deciding factor for me. The gun was about $1000 less than a similar Anschutz wih sights. I bought it right after Perry 2 years ago. Although I did not attend perry that year (I was only shooting air rifle at the time), a friend of mine who was at Perry said that the test targets on all the Walthers he looked at were much better than any of the Anschutz rifles.

Let me know if you need any more specifics.

HTH
Rob