Pardini SP1 and SP NEW.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
cashye

Pardini SP1 and SP NEW.

Post by cashye »

Has anyone had any experience with Pardini's SP1 (Electronic trigger) and/or SP NEW (Mechanical trigger). I have shoot the older SP (about 2 yrs old) and found it a nice piece of kit. Is the Newer SP worth getting.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

I'll open by first saying that I'm on the steepest portion of the learning curve with Pardini's, so I am not an expert.

This past weekend I had a dealer show me an SP1 Electronic and an SP (not an SP New).

For the following discussion, let's assume the shooter wants his trigger set up as a two-stage trigger, with 600 grams on the first stage and 400 grams on the second stage. This is a common setup, although personal tastes will dictate the actual weights used on both the first and second stages.

The main difference that I was able to detect between the SP and the SP1 is that with the old SP design the trigger must move fully forward to be reset and made ready to fire the next shot. In this manner the shooter must pull the full 1Kg trigger weight with each shot. In contrast, the SP1 requires the trigger to be returned only to the beginning of the second stage. The shooter then has only to increase trigger pressure by 400 grams to cause the gun to fire the next shot.

I have been told the SP New is capable of this same type of operation, but have not been able to verify it by testing it myself.
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

Mark Briggs wrote:I have been told the SP New is capable of this same type of operation, but have not been able to verify it by testing it myself.
Don't take me as the last word on this either, as I'm still getting used to my SP New. But my experience so far (about a brick over the last week) suggests the mechanical trigger in the SP New works pretty much the same as in the SP and requires that the shooter let off the trigger just the same as on the SP to reset it. Matter of fact, when I first started shooting my SP New, I had some problems with 2nd and follow-on shots where the trigger didn't reset at all and seemed to be sticking, even though (so far as I could tell) I was using the same technique I'd used with my SP.

I deliberately held off posting anything 'till I'd had a chance to figure out what was going on because I didn't want to chance spreading misinformation or unfairly trashing a new product, only to discover it was a simple adjustment. Glad I did, because that's all it was. Turns out that the disconnector engagement (screw PG) needed another 3/8 turn CC. But even after adjusting, I still find it appears necessary to let off the trigger just a bit, exactly same as on the SP, to take the next shot.
top end

Post by top end »

G,day John
I have a SP New - great gun. Is it worth getting compared to an SP?, maybe. The trigger has to be released all the way to reset, ie you pull 1000grams on every shot. The ease of trigger adjustments (at least you can see what you are doing) is a bonus. The trigger group is no different though from previous Pardini models. The extra weights in the barrel shroud?- I havent made up my mind yet - it certainly makes the gun look flasher. Be careful when ordering one in Australia - mine came with a fixed(non adjustable shelf) grip, which was disappointing, but luckily the grip is a perfect fit for me.