Ports and Comps. on free pistols ?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
cdf

Ports and Comps. on free pistols ?

Post by cdf »

Since I love AP , it seems a natural extension that I'm now intrigued with free pistol . I have been looking around and the Morini 84E interests me . My question : what are the pros and cons of compensators and ports on free pistols . Be gentle , I have to confess upfront I have never fired one !

Chris
Rob

Post by Rob »

The maintaince of cleaning the comp might become a pain. If left go too long the accuracy might suffer. And if left go too long it might be more difficult to clean. I'm sure it makes for a pleasant shooting pistol.
dlinden

Post by dlinden »

I wondered about that as well before I got my Morini. However, there is so little recoil and only the one shot so I haven't really felt the need to experiment with one. That being said, Daryl Szarenski has an aluminum-colored comp on the front of his Morini. He seems to shoot pretty well with his gun and I'm sure with anyone else's.

Dennis Lindenbaum
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

One thing to note is that all Morini FP compensators extend the sight radius to some degree over what you can get with just the normal front sight holder. While this increases the degree of error correction, as a newbie you can end up getting frustrated trying to get that perfect "sight picture" as it is that much harder to achieve. Shorter sight radii are easier to deal with when you are first starting out in FP.