Super Bowl ads

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

pilkguns
Site Admin

Super Bowl ads

Post by pilkguns »

You did see this one make its debut last night, right?

wrc

Post by wrc »

Very cool! Looks like you're ready to start another chapter in the "Were the Apollo moon landings faked" debate. :^)
Can we get this as a pin-up for the clubhouse?
TWP

Post by TWP »

wrc wrote: Can we get this as a pin-up for the clubhouse?
I'd like a copy as well.
cdf

Post by cdf »

I love it ,but aren,t you yanking our collective chain's ?

Chris
Bill177

Chains

Post by Bill177 »

What? How dastardly of you to even harbour the thought that our honorable host would stoop to persiflage.
cdf

Post by cdf »

Our host's integrity is not in question , however....since he puts up with us , he must have a sence of the yuk yuk .

I deffinatly want one of those , if they ever come out in poster form !

Chris
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

I am in the process of sorting out pricing for printing these. So far they have just been done on my printer.

Funny about the moon hoax thing, I have read some of the claims back and forth some years ago. I guess I still think they were real... but after looking at this space suit intensely and close for several days while photoshopping it, it sure makes me wonder.. Take a look at his crotch protector.... what were they expecting, little green men to come up and kick them in the family jewels? The whole suit really does'nt look very real, but maybe that was where the technology was at... and the wristwatch.... seems really low tech for rest of the percieved get up....
Richard Newman

moon suit

Post by Richard Newman »

Actually, I think that is the urine collection cup. You can't unzip your spacesuit on the moon without some very cold results.
Anyway, ain't photoshop great?
RN
Tony C.

Post by Tony C. »

I would like to suggest if our excellent host can change the reflection on the face shield of our lunar shooter from another spaceman to a 10 M electronic target setup, the whole picture will be more realistic, Don't you think? BTW if I remember correctly the lunar lander is so tiny inside, the occupant need to wear thier space suit at all time since there's no room for changing into other kind of garment, so sleeping; eating and other functions, including bodily kind had to perform in the space suit, hence the flap. I think its there for no. 1 and no. 2.U2

Post by Guest »

pilkguns wrote:the wristwatch.... seems really low tech for rest of the percieved get up....
OK I tried not to say it, but I can't help it...
After discovering that fountain pens and biros don't work in space, NASA spent thousands of dollars developing a space pen.
The Russians spent nothing and used pencils.
Sometimes low tech is just much more sensible. ;)
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

pilkguns wrote:Funny about the moon hoax thing, I have read some of the claims back and forth some years ago. I guess I still think they were real...
ARGH!

Seriously, the eight hundred pounds of moon rocks didn't do it for people? :D
The whole suit really does'nt look very real, but maybe that was where the technology was at..
It's also a result of the odd lighting and clarity in the photos, caused by there not being any atmosphere on the moon.
and the wristwatch.... seems really low tech for rest of the percieved get up....
Nope. Those wristwatches are Omega Speedmaster Professionals. Back in the Mercury project, NASA bought samples of watches over the counter covertly and tested them to failure. The Omega watches survived the best (in fact, they were the only ones that survived). They were standard issue for the astronauts up until very recently. The point of them was to have a very reliable timepiece in case everything else went pear-shaped - clockwork just worked the best is all.

Oh, and the space pen thing? NASA didn't develop it or tender for it - it was developed as an independent product seperately from them. NASA was using pencils at the time, then saw the space pen and bought it instantly, because as simple as a pencil is, if you break the nib, you have a small piece of graphite floating loose in the cabin just waiting to fall into your eye at just the wrong moment...
wrc

You'll like where this story goes ...

Post by wrc »

It seems like the Apollo astronauts were able to de-suit in the LEM. Read this from the NASA site to find out what moondust smelled like. It's something many of us are familiar with in our hobby. :^)

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2006 ... ?list94760