where to shoot in Los Angeles

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

ado

where to shoot in Los Angeles

Post by ado »

Guys where can i shoot AR in Los Angles im from Sta Clarita 15 min. from down town LA
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Prado Olympic Shooting Park in Chino has a 10 meter range. I do know of any Air Rifle matches.
If you buy a pistol you could shoot with us.
Black Mountain Shooting Club has USAS sanctioned Air Pistol matches on the first Sunday of the month. If you come and watch the AP match I am sure that you will become a convert since AP is more fun and less equipment oriented. :>)
AW

There is a 10-meter AR club in L.A. !

Post by AW »

10-meter air rifle is dead in Los Angeles area. The last place you can shoot a match or club practice is in the German American club called the Phoenix club in Orange county. Fred B. runs a Junior program there on Thursday night, but he allows anybody that shoots 10-meter airgun to come in and practice, and there is a match once a month. ABout a year ago, for some reason, the Germans in that club decided to closed it down for "outsiders". Only people from their shooting club can shoot there now. I think Fred lost his Junior program there. If they allow you to join that club, you can shoot there. I tried to join once, but they don't want me there. Yes, this is a real club just like the ones you see in Germany. They have an indoor 10-meter airgun range, and next door they have a bar and dinning hall.

Like someone suggested, I went to Prado shooting range to shoot 10-meter AR, but there is no club, and hardly see anyone shoots AR there. I ran into an AR shooter named Richard. He came in to shoot AR. I ask him why he didn't try to join the Phoenix club. He said he tried, but no luck. We laugh and I said me too. After that time, I never see Richard again.
Oh, by the way he is 5th generation Japanese American. Wow! I thought I had it bad.

Regards,
A. Wong