Walther's, Annie's, and Scott / Rhonda Pilkington

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Wichita SP 7mm IHMSA

Walther's, Annie's, and Scott / Rhonda Pilkington

Post by Wichita SP 7mm IHMSA »

Hello to everyone, yes i'm new.

Just took the BIG dive into competitive shooting, Olympic style!!!!

Bought shooting clothes, accessories, and a Walther CP2 Match from Scott. Everyone was happy to help me, Rhonda / Buck / Scott no matter how many questions or worries I had about a used 25 year old gun. I now believe everyone at the last match. They said that this Walther would be plenty of "Starter" gun and that it would still be competitive. To go with the pistol Mr. TILTON (MT Guns), agreed to a trade for my Sako finfire Range for a Annie or Walther 3-position smallbore rifle.

This might make you say "Big Harry Deal". But here's what's inbetween the lines. Mac a very generous buisness man, did not have to even think about the disparity in trade value. He knew that the Sako though, a fine rifle, was not the value market wise the Annie is and still bent over backwards to help me into a rifle that was competitive. This speaks volumes about these types of people. I am glad to be amongs your ranks and hope to see you fine people on the firing line.

best wishes from Way up in the hills of Arkansas.

P.S. anyone know where to find used Bulk CO2 tanks to fill my Walther?
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

On the bulk tank, look around town. Call the guys who distribute soft drinks, service fire extinquishers, sell industrial gas etc. I got mine (20lb cyl) from an industrial gas distributer. A buddy got his from another gas distributer but i had to put the syphon tube into his tank for him.

Welcome to the sport. Be sure to search out some matches it is most fun when you find some matches to compete in. If you can't find any then start running some. That is what the sport really needs more than anything is people who are willing to run matches. No big deal really, especially for air pistol and rifle.