Grip advice sought

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Wee Hooker

Grip advice sought

Post by Wee Hooker »

Hi, I'm currently shooting a Styer LP1 with Morini grips ( thanks Scott!.) for 10M airpistol and a Pardini SP with Rink grips for bullseye. While I find the Rinks an improvement over the factory Pardini grips, I can't get that "locked in" feel that the CM's provide on the airpistol. ( They seem to hold my hand instead of me holding them. ) I know they are two different guns with different weight., ballance, etc, but I'm wondering if a set of CM's on the SP would help. First, does CM make grips for the SP? Second, opinions on how much different they might feel from the Rinks? Other grips to consider?
Thoughts /advice welcome.
Thanks in advance!
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Wee,
I have Rink on my TOZ, Pardini grips on my Pardini SPE, and Morini on my LP1. For me, The Pardini and Morini grips are similar in feel and different than the Rink. Having already invested in the Rink grips you might consider adding or removing material to alter their fit and feel.

Fred
Tom

CM for a Pardini? Don't think so...

Post by Tom »

Hi Dave,

Don Nygord told me when I bought the Rink grip that's on your SP, that Morini would never make any grips for any Pardini's. He didn't go into detail however I got the feeling that there was some very bad blood between the 2 makers.

Tom
DHMG

GRIP ADVISE

Post by DHMG »

You may want to contact Dick Horton who supplies custom made-to-measure competition grips for nearly all of the high end target pistols. He is located in Mt.Vernon, IL and can be reached at (618)-244-4291[/b]
Chocolate Moose

Re: CM for a Pardini? Don't think so...

Post by Chocolate Moose »

Tom wrote:Hi Dave,

Don Nygord told me when I bought the Rink grip that's on your SP, that Morini would never make any grips for any Pardini's. He didn't go into detail however I got the feeling that there was some very bad blood between the 2 makers.

Tom
I was told the same story too, but the Morini grip order form found on the Morini website includes grips for several Pardini models, including the Pardini SP:

Morini grips order form.pdf

Paal