WHAT SIZE PELLET TO USE ON PARDINI K2S?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jigmeb

WHAT SIZE PELLET TO USE ON PARDINI K2S?

Post by jigmeb »

HI, I WANTED TO KNOW IF ANY ONE OUT THERE HAS A PARDINI K2S THAT CAME WITH A TARGET ACCURACY CARD THAT SPECIFIED THE CORRECT PELLET SIZE 4.49MM OR 4.50MM, DOES IT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE OR NOT?
Bill177

Last summer's test

Post by Bill177 »

Last summer I spent a few afternoons shooting my K2S (Co2 version) from a sand bag and trying all kinds of pellets.

The conclusion I came to was that any good quality wadcutter pellet did just fine. I shot Vogels, Nygords, and RWS10 in various diameters.

I didn't keep my notes from these trials, as it was only for my own interest and entertainment.

As with all pellet choices and air guns in general - what works for me may or may not work for you.
Wee Hooker

Post by Wee Hooker »

Hi, no experience with that particular pistol but I have experience with other match grade air pistols. It's my observation a gun that is unimpresive 4.48 might group tightly with a 4.50 . Size does matter! :-) how much may depend on your particular gun.
Now that you have a nice gun, try a selection of 3-4 sizes in one particular brand and see what yours likes. The Vogles Pilk sells are excellent , inexpensive and can be bought in a good size range. MY Styer is hooked on the 4.495s

hth
cdf

Post by cdf »

If you have rifle shooting friends around , give rifle match pellets a try . My Styers and my Morini like H&N Finale Match . My observation has been confirmed by many of the other guys at the club. I'm guessing that there could be a couple of reasons for this , a) modern PCP pistols have slightly higer velocities , b) heavyier projectiles are less sensitive to the mini vibrations many of us introduce into our shot process .

An older , cynical , but very wise English fella believes that more QC occurs on rifle pellets , as both the shooters and guns can group tighter .

YMMV,

Chris
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

heavy pellets formerly known as rifle pellets, have the been the reccomended pellets for top match pistols for nearly two decades now. Light "pistol" pellets are only good for older SSP pistols whose velocities were in the 360-400 fps range

Oh and your older and wiser English fella..... sounds like he likes to play jokes on younger shooters as well...
Swoffer

Pellets

Post by Swoffer »

You're in luck, I have this pistol and did some grouping at 10m with different pellets in a clamp at the range last week. Overwhelmingly, 4.5's performed better than 4.48 and 4.49's and I tried a few varieties of each. Of the 4.5mm's, H&N Finale Match (purple lid) performed best with a hole only slightly bigger than a single pellet hole wide after a 5 shot grop.

Good luck