Match/Competition Database Software

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

KeithS

Match/Competition Database Software

Post by KeithS »

There has been a lot of interest expressed for some competition databases over the past while. I have been working on a couple over the past few years here in Canada.
Subsequently, I have now posted them to a web site.

http://www.saskhandgun.ca

Go to the software link.

One of them is an older version that I do not support any more. It will score three times thru the course of fire. So it is good for 3p, etc etc. The match naming conventions are not ISSF. I leave it up to whomever wants to play with it to modify the VBA code, forms, etc accordingly.

The second database is far more complex. It includes a RIKA scoring interface complete with graphs and charts. Reports for coaches and shooters also includes graphs and charts. It also includes a membership database for clubs or other shooting organizations. It is also network ready. There are many many functions within it too numerous to mention here.
However, for USA shooters, it does NRA matches very nicely also.

This database is compiled....the web site explains a lot more about it. A slightly modified version has been used at our National Championships for the past five years.
You can view the results reports that this database produces by going to the 2005 Canadian National Pistol Championships link, located at the above website.

Enjoy...

KeithS
KeithS

Match Competition/Database Update

Post by KeithS »

Hi to all....

I have updated the graphing version of the match software. It now includes an installer, so it handles installing and setting up the program properly. I am working on a user manual for it as well. There is a small word document included with it that outlines a couple of things (ie: networking).
Will keep everyone posted as it progresses.

...Keith
KeithS

Update to Demo Software

Post by KeithS »

HI all....

I have updated the graphing demo version of the scoring software. Here are a couple of things I did.

1) Backups are now zip files. The name of the backup file includes the date in it so you know when you made it. This utility still does a check for errors and compress of the data files as well.

2) Added a restore program. You can select any of the above mentioned zip files, and it will overwrite the data files. The backup zip files can be stored anywhere...there is a locate menu built in. So you can even keep them on a memory stick. BEST OF ALL, you do not need winzip or any other third party programs to do this....All built in!

3) Tidied up some of the reports. Some of the fields for the reports were badly cut off. Some still need a bit of refining.

4) For Finals....added a leaderboard screen.

5) Fixed a few problems I had with NRA results.

6) Streamlined some of the VBA code.... saves memory. MS Access is like most MS products... a bit of a memory hog. So you work on it.

That is about all for now. The updated version is posted on the website.

...Keith
KeithS

Update for Program now available

Post by KeithS »

HI all....

Have completed more updates to the scoring program. Have uploaded it to the website. Here is what has changed...

1) Added area to put in match registration number, which prints on required reports to send in to your state/prov or national organization.

2) Fixed small glitch in air rifle finals. Button used to print a competitors shots on a graph (10 finals shots) was not working properly.

3) Modified a couple of reports. Match summary now separates juniors from adults...also prints Ladies results on separate page(s).

4) Significant change made to main stats entry/reports form. Changed its style and layout to be more functional.

5) Did more work on freeing up memory resources within the program...

6) Modified a couple of reports I was not happy with.

The demo is fully functional....as per information posted previously and in this thread.

...Keith
KeithS

Update to Software - now includes Pciture ID card!

Post by KeithS »

Hello again....

I have updated the graphing demo software again. Here are the highlights:

1) Added picture ID cards to the membership area. The card is printed on normal paper. You cut it in half, and then fold it. One side is shooters picture plus name, etc. Other side is their shooting times, positions, etc. Laminate or stick in a plastic pouch...your imagination is required!

Generally, most people pre-register for matches. Have their line positions, so have their done ahead of time. When they arrive to shoot, take their picture. Store it in a directory (or the default directory set up), link to it, and it is always there! Print their card...and away they go.

2) Fixed an error I found with Air Rifle.

3) Spent some time organizing the members/competitors form. I think you will like it.

4) A few other touch ups here and there... seem to be never ending.

Have fun! Remember...this is DEMO software! You want a registered copy, contact me!
KeithS

Changes made to software

Post by KeithS »

A new updated version of the match software (demo) has been put on the website. I had a lot of people asking about report conversions...especially to pdf format for posting results on club websites.

The program/database now includes a pdf file making option for all reports. You do not need any "extra" program or software to do this...it is all built in to the database. The only thing you WILL need is a pdf viewer, such as Acrobat (which pretty well everyone has).

I also touched up a couple of other things...

...Keith
KeithS

Upgrade with dynamic match results

Post by KeithS »

An upgrade to the demo software (with graphs) is on the website. Here are the highlights.

1) Fixed picture ID problem with competitors that had duplicate competitor numbers from previous matches.

2) Modified the widths of some of the fields in most of the reports to allow larger event names (to a point).

3) ADDED "dymanic" match results report in aggregate area. You can select any number of events shot at your match (up to five total). Will give aggregate scores, with X's if recorded. This allows 2700 rifle/IPSIC/PPC events to be done.

4) Added an entry system for non-ISSF pistol/air rifle events. This gives you a 900 score x 2 entry, plus 10 shot finals, including X's.

5) Fixed small problem in computations for new 20 shot finals in some ISSF events....what a pain!

Enjoy...remember this is a demo!
KeithS

Demo Program Fix

Post by KeithS »

Sorry about that....

Found a glitch in the "new" customizeable aggregate report. So I fixed it. I also added something sort of neat to that report as well. You will notice it right away when you try it out.
Fixed version is uploaded to the web site.

...Keith