question about air cylinder use

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

rum4m

question about air cylinder use

Post by rum4m »

In Anshutz 8002 user manual I read :

1. "We recommend to never empty compressed air cylinder completely."
2. "After appr. 20 refills of the compressed air cylinder it should be emptied completely in order to get rid of possible condensed water".

What to believe : "Never" or "after 20 refills" ? :)

If I need to empty it, how do I do it?

Thank you!
TWP

Re: question about air cylinder use

Post by TWP »

rum4m wrote:In Anshutz 8002 user manual I read :

1. "We recommend to never empty compressed air cylinder completely."
2. "After appr. 20 refills of the compressed air cylinder it should be emptied completely in order to get rid of possible condensed water".

What to believe : "Never" or "after 20 refills" ? :)

If I need to empty it, how do I do it?

Thank you!

I'll answer your 2nd question 1st.

How do you empty it? Your 8002 should have come with a silver cap like device, it is a bleeder for the air cylinder. You just screw it on and it released the valve in the air cylinder.

To answer your first question, I've had to empty my daughters cylinder when we fly with the air rifle. I don't see any problem with emptying it then filling it back up to purge water. so I'd vote for #2.
rum4m

Post by rum4m »

thank you!

I had only filling adapter with my 8002 Club version, but found AirRelease Valve in Anschutz catalog :)

One more question about it. Should I screw air cylinder out if the next shooting will be say in 24 hours? I know that if do so, some wear on o-rings, spring in regulator will be eliminated, but often screwing in and out is bad as well, isn't it?

I noticed that every morning when I start shooting I need some small correction to adjust the POI and probably this is because of screwing the air cylinder (because nothing else is changed).
TWP

Post by TWP »

We unscrew the air cilinders from all of our rifles after shooting practice.

Even small bore guns that don't have air cylinders require slight sight adjustments at the next practice.

I don't think it has anything to do with your screwing and unscrewing the air cylinders. Just minor changes in your position are probably causing it.
rum4m

Post by rum4m »

I left yesterday the air cylinder unscrewed and today when started my shooting I have found that POI was not changed. Will be unscrewing anyway to preserve the rifle, but with a bit of understanding why POI changes.

It's 99% sure that it doesn't relate to changes in shooting position as I have a scope and was shooting from a bench at the beginning of each shooting.