Cleaning Pellets?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Dave C.

Cleaning Pellets?

Post by Dave C. »

Being new to air gun shooting I need to ask, How often if at all
should I use cleaning pellets in my LP-50?

Zilla

Post by Zilla »

Hi dave

sorry but i dont have an answer to your questions but i was just wonderin where in NEPA you are...I also livve in North east Pa

Ross
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Dave,
I shoot a few cleaning pellets thru my LP 50 after 300-500 shots. They usually come out pretty clean, but if they appear 'dirty' I wet one with some TSI301, FP10, or similar cleaner, then follow with a few dry pellets.
At this time I also apply a VERY light coat of silicone grease or Superlube to the magazines. This lubricates the internal o-rings.

Fred
RobStubbs

Re: Cleaning Pellets?

Post by RobStubbs »

Dave C. wrote:Being new to air gun shooting I need to ask, How often if at all
should I use cleaning pellets in my LP-50?

I have an LP5 and have it for years and never shot a cleaning pellet through it -although I ocaissionally do on the LP10. The reason is that I don't want the fibres in the felt pellets to mess up the mechanism - as they are prone to doing. So if you do want to clean it then do it only ocaissionally and make very sure there are no loose fibres around the edges of the pellets.

Rob.
Fred Mannis

Re: Cleaning Pellets?

Post by Fred Mannis »

RobStubbs wrote: make very sure there are no loose fibres around the edges of the pellets.

Rob.
Good point Rob. I forgot to mention that my procedure is to load several fibre pellets into a mag and carefully check for loose/protruding fibers before loading the mag. Also a blast of compressed air into the mag slot at the end of the process.

Fred