How crisp is the trigger on the Pardini SP New?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mike McDaniel

How crisp is the trigger on the Pardini SP New?

Post by Mike McDaniel »

I'm considering buying a new SP, want a crisp trigger. How crisp is the trigger on the SP New?
Neil Foster

Pardini SP (New)

Post by Neil Foster »

I have a new SP (or should I say the SP New model), and the trigger is quite crisp. I asked Larry Carter to adjust the trigger with a very short first stage distance, and then the second stage to break at the combined weight of 1000 grams. I like it, it suits me just fine.
Neil
Tor

Pardini SP "new"

Post by Tor »

Niel ! Did Charter adjust your first stage travel really short? My dealer told me to have some travel because a too short first stage could damage my hammer/sear. Anyhow I adjusted it as he told me and the first travel became about the half of factory setup. I did the same with my .32 also (with same result). I could prefer and even shorter travel, but maybe I just have to get used to it. I am really satisfied with these pistols and yes the trigger feel crisp.

Best wishes Tor
Tor

Pardini

Post by Tor »

Sorry Neil ! I wrote your name wrong.

Tor
Neil Foster

Pardini SP

Post by Neil Foster »

Tor,
Larry Carter is the Sales and Service person in the USA for Pardini. He just returned forom the Pardini factory in Italy with one of his gunsmiths. I am sure that Larry would not do anything that could potentially damage the SP, He is a very fine and competent pistolsmith. The way it is adjusted now the first stage is very short, and then the second stage takes over. It now mirrors my Steyr LP-10 in feel. I love the Steyr. Besides the trigger feel I changed the factory grips which were OK to a pair of RINK grips. Thomas Rink as you probably know makes wonderful grips. I now have a pistol that feels great in all respects. Now the challenge is for me to shoot it well :-)
Best regards, Have a wonderful Christmas holiday.
Neil
Tor

Pardini SP

Post by Tor »

Thank you for your information Neil !
I will now adjust my trigger again (without any worries). I have never put my hands on a Rink grip, but I could like to have one for my Hämmerli 150 FP. Sadly the Rink grips has not been promoted very well (if at all) here in Norway, even if a dealer are listed here.

Christmas greetings from Tor
ScottS

???

Post by ScottS »

I have a question, the first time I pulled the trigger on the SP1 Rapid I thought that it was adjusted for center fire. After puting the weights on it I found out that it will just make the 1000gram weight (marginal). Do your triggers feel this heavy? I have been shooting a Hammerli 208 & 280 and they feel like half the trigger pull weight, but they easily make the 1000 grams. I have not touched any trigger adjustment yet. Any thoughts?
Thanks, Scott S.
magyar

trigger weight versus grip rake

Post by magyar »

I think it feels heavy because it has alot of rake. Free pistols that have alot of rake can be used with lighter triggers because with the wrist in the rake position it is not possible to exert as much force through the trigger finger as compared with an upright position.
Grip pressure works the same way. The more rake the less strength you can use to grip the gun.
Pardinis have alot of rake. Hammerli 208's and 280's have very little rake.