Doubled shots

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
shotman

Doubled shots

Post by shotman »

Hi everybody.
I bought a DRULOV DU-10 CONDOR CO2 Pistol for my daughter (I want her to enter the pistol shooting world!). The pistol works fine loading only one pellet (as in the 10m ISSF precision event) each time you shoot, but when you load five pellets (to shoot semi-automatically for the SP or RF 10m event), it may happen that two or three pellets are shot in the same shot, or even no pellet is shot anyway. The seller recommended to resize the pellets with a resizer that was included with the pistol, but resizing has not solved the problem. Is there any way to avoid doubling shots in RF or SP shooting with this pistol? Must we change the type or brand of pellet used ?(We are using the same as for 10m single shot: JSB Match Diabolo for Pistol, green can 4,48 mm)
Thanks in advance.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

You might try increasing the sear engagement.

Fred
Rick

Post by Rick »

Try increasing the pellet diameter(4.50 or 4.51). Apparently, the pellet "skirt" diameter is what holds each pellet back before entering the chamber. I was told this by one of the distributors here in the U.S. Even so, you will still get a double shot now and then, it's the nature of the gun...occasionally they go full auto! Anyway, I hope this helps.

Rick
TomF

Post by TomF »

Sounds like a bad situation. Even for pellets.

Send it back and make them fix it. Or increase the sear engagement.
Southpaw

double shots

Post by Southpaw »

I have the same trouble with my DU-10 using H&N Match pellets (4.50). My seller suggested cranking up the velocity......didn't help. I also increased the sear engagement.....also didn't help. I don't use the gun for competition but it's still frustrating when it doesn't work as advertised. I had a different one a few years ago that didn't have this trouble.
It's a pain having to send a "new" gun for repair, nevermind the cost for shipping.
It's a relatively inexpensive gun, but it should still work, right?

Regards,
SP
shotman

Post by shotman »

Thanks to all who posted replies for my DU-10 issue.
I'll give them all a try.
Regards