Anschutz LP@ Ported Barrel

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
trebilcock

Anschutz LP@ Ported Barrel

Post by trebilcock »

Does the LP@ have a ported barrel, I wasn't sure from the previous discussions of LP10 vs LP@. I am trying to decide between these two. I have held both but fired neither and can't remember if the LP@ barrel was ported.
johnbraks

Post by johnbraks »

It has ports on the muzzle end that vent the excess air upwards and outwards but not downwards. The discharged air is quite visible if you shoot in low light on a damp evening. I'm one of the guys who just likes to pull triggers and can get about 530-550 when I get my sideways movement under control but I am very pleased with my LP@. I have a XL Rink grip which is more comfortable than the factory Large that came with the pistol. Good luck.........
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Hey, it's nice to see another Canuck on the forum here! Welcome aboard Trebilcock. What part of NB are you in? I sometimes visit family in the Grand Falls area.

As for your question about the LP@, I do not believe that it has a drilled barrel like the LP-10. It definitely has a muzzle compensator, but this is not the same thing as a drilled or "ported" barrel.

When making your choice of AP's you need to be mindful of who's going to provide service for it. Jocelyn Langlois at Cibles Canada Targets is about the only factory-authorized airgun service centre in the eastern half of Canada. He can service Steyr & Morini, as well as FWB. Given that you're looking at both Steyr and Anschutz, they're both about the same in terms of service. Jocelyn provides better service on the Morini pistols because he has a larger volume of them in service and in stock.

If you're looking at other points of comparison between LP-10 and LP@, take a look at the trigger shoe. The new-style trigger shoe on the LP-10 does nothing for me. I've recently sold my LP-10, and it had the old-style trigger shoe, which in my opinion offers a vast improvement in fit and feel. I liked it so much that I retrofited my LP-1 with the old-style LP-10 trigger shoe.

Another area of comparison is front sights. While the LP@ provide 3.5, 4.0 & 4.5mm widths in one sight blade, the LP-10 requires individual sight blades. The downside here may be that you might not be able to get a front blade wider than 4.5mm for the LP@. I personally prefer a 5mm front sight (the default sight on the Morini AP's). You might want to check into availability of sight parts.

I wish you luck in making your decision.

Post by Guest »

I would just like to add that both the "old style trigger" which is a wider metal unit though not as adjustable as the present narrow plastic unit, and the LP-10 style front sight unit (Patridge configuration) in all of the widths are available from our hosts here at Pilkguns..If you feel the need to change the Anschutz LP@ as I did, then our hosts can accomodate your needs.

Post by Guest »

Check out the picture at this link.

http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/pm/detai ... ect=jga_de

It shows the long barreled LP@ to have a drilled barrel.
Dont know if this is as per the current pistols for sale though?
kiwi47

Post by kiwi47 »

I have an Anschutz LP@, and just had a good look at the front end. The compensator has a bore of around 5mm, and the actual barrel starts 40mm back from the muzzle. There are drillings at the sides, base, and upper quadrants of the comp, near the muzzle end. So the answer is no, the barrel itself isn't drilled or ported, only the compensator.
Hope this helps.

George
KFinke

Post by KFinke »

I just got an LP@ and it does indeed have a ported barrel. To the best of my knowledge, there are 2 versions of the pistol. The first production articles had a non-ported barrel. At some point they have been changed and now have a ported barrel. So if you are buying used, and you want porting, just make sure you ask. Otherwise buy a new one.

I found myself in the same situation, debating between the LP10 and the LP@. I had shot both extensively and ended up borrowing an LP@ without the porting. Both pistols shot almost exactly the same, except that the LP10 didn't show any muzzle flip ever. The LP@ had the very slightest of jump upwards upon firing, but only sometimes. I couldn't tell if this had any difference on my scores because both guns yielded the same results. But I liked the LP@ better because of the adjustability within the gun. It uses heavier weights on the weight bar, and the weights themselves are a bit cheaper. I always thought the front triangular sight with different widths is a very clever design, and I liked the looks of a round barrel.

The new production LP10 has a different adjustable trigger shoe and it's not as good in my opinion. The older style, fully adjustable trigger shoe, could be moved in just about every manner to get it to fit just right. And that is still standard on the LP@. Plus the gun is just a shy cheaper. So for those reasons, especially now that the gun has a ported barrel, I think the LP@ is the better buy of the two.

Kevin

Post by Guest »

Thank you for your input and advice. This will really help with my decision.
johnbraks

barrel porting

Post by johnbraks »

Hello everyone,
Does the LP10 have the top of its barrel drilled (ported) in places along the length of it? My LP@ doesn't have them but I think my LP5 does.
John

Post by Guest »

John,
If you think your LP5 has a drilled barrel, have a good look, and that should confirm it.
As for the LP10 having a drilled barrel, I think that goes without saying!!