What happened to all the used AP's?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Bruce Martindale

What happened to all the used AP's?

Post by Bruce Martindale »

Used to see a lot on Scotts site and others. Have seen none for months now.

What is happening? I have new shooters looking for good used guns

thanks
terrypchan

Re: What happened to all the used AP's?

Post by terrypchan »

The same thing that always happens to used AP's. People sell them after the end of the indoor season and most people buy them up before the start of the next indoor season.

Most AP postings on TT only tend to last a very short time anyways -- if the price is reasonable. Short as in hours (for a great price) to a few weeks (for prices on the higher side).
yetanotherguest

Post by yetanotherguest »

So exactly when is the indoor season for air pistol?
Lee Jr

Post by Lee Jr »

It starts about now and runs thru March/April.

Lee
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

Lee Jr wrote:It starts about now and runs thru March/April.

Lee
Unless your range likes to run them in May and June, or they are part of PTO's in June, July, and August, or you live in the southern hemisphere... Most of the air pistols that Scott had for sale two years ago for great prices were CO2 guns that had been traded in on new PCP ones. The majority of that switchover has ended and it will probably be a little while before we see the early PCP guns show up as trades for the newest technology.

Bruce – post a want to buy in the 'for sale section' There is a trickle of guns all the time and getting a new shooter started may just shake one loose from someone's safe.

Larry
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

keep a close watch on our used pages, often guns are posted and sold within 2-3 days and of course then off the web again. I am amazed at how fast they go, the last bunch I put up on Saturday night, most were sold via voice-mail or e-mail by noon on Sunday morning. Amazing to me, but I guess where else can you buy a used gun with a 6 month guarantee.

There should be some more up later today.

BTW, I am thinking of combining Shooters Lounge with the Buy Sell Trade section. what do you think about that>
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

BTW, I am thinking of combining Shooters Lounge with the Buy Sell Trade section. what do you think about that>
Hi Scott,

Unless it's a maintenance issue with the board, I like them separate. I check "Shooter's Lounge" and "Olympic Pistol" pretty regularly, but I'm only interested in Buying/Selling infrequently. When I see a particular gun listed in "Shooter's Lounge" I expect an information search rather than a sale announcement.

However, I'm for what ever makes it easier for you to maintain, and I appreciate your efforts in keeping a great site up for the global exchange of International Shooting material.

Thanks!

Take Care,
Ed Hall
http://www.airforceshooting.org/
http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

pilkguns wrote: BTW, I am thinking of combining Shooters Lounge with the Buy Sell Trade section. what do you think about that>
I'd prefer to see them kept separate.

Thanks!
crrmeyer

Post by crrmeyer »

pilkguns wrote:BTW, I am thinking of combining Shooters Lounge with the Buy Sell Trade section. what do you think about that>
I would prefer to keep them separate. Judging from the number of hits a forsale ad gets in the first hour it is posted I do not think there is an exposure problem.

Charles
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

pilkguns wrote:I am thinking of combining Shooters Lounge with the Buy Sell Trade section. what do you think about that>
Not many favorable thoughts. Keep them separate, please.
TWP

Post by TWP »

pilkguns wrote:
My preference would be to keep them seperate.
sparky

Post by sparky »

Please keep them separate.
Lanning R. Hochhauser

Combining Shooters Lounge and Buy Sell Pages

Post by Lanning R. Hochhauser »

Scott,
Please keep them separate.
VladB

Post by VladB »

Scott,

Please keep them separate. And thanks for this place!

Vlad
SteveT

Post by SteveT »

OK, I'll jump in as a devil's advocate. I don't mind if they are combined. I almost always use the "View Post Since Last Visit" feature, so I see everything new in one list, rather than going through each section and I don't think there so many Buy/Sell posts as to interfere with the general messages.

Steve T

Post by Guest »

It's by far easier to see what is for sale or wanted if it is listed in it's own category, as now. Otherwise the ads would end up getting lost in the clutter of other topics, and do both the poster and potential customer a disservice.

Why would you be considering such a move?
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

As a member from outside the States, I would definitely like them separate. I don't frequent buy and sell on this site because I am overseas and realistically will never import a firearm from the States. (Not sure I can legally do it nowadays either.)
ColinC
Ernie Rodriguez

Shooters lounge and buy and sell

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

Please keep them separate.Thanks Ernie