anschutz 54 details

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Tikka

anschutz 54 details

Post by Tikka »

I have a .22 rim fire that I was hoping someone could provide information on.

Its a Anschutz Modell match 54 .22Long Rifle with adjustable stock. The rifle was brought over directly from Germany and is in mint condition.

It has a stock with is fully adjustable (cheekpiece, LOP) and has a thumbhole and rail under forend.

S/N 882XX Barrel stamped 71 (year of manufacture?)

Any idea on the exact model, year of manufacture and ball park value?

Thanks in advance.

VladB

Re: anschutz 54 details

Post by VladB »

This is an Anschutz 1413 with a hair trigger. At the time the gun was available with a choice of three triggers: three pound single stage trigger, hair trigger, and a double set trigger.

I have a 1971 built Model 1413 with a set trigger and an earlier stock:

I would say, in excellent condition with sights your gun is worth $1300-$1500. I hope this helps.

Vlad

Tikka wrote:I have a .22 rim fire that I was hoping someone could provide information on.

Its a Anschutz Modell match 54 .22Long Rifle with adjustable stock. The rifle was brought over directly from Germany and is in mint condition.

It has a stock with is fully adjustable (cheekpiece, LOP) and has a thumbhole and rail under forend.

S/N 882XX Barrel stamped 71 (year of manufacture?)

Any idea on the exact model, year of manufacture and ball park value?

Thanks in advance.

Post by Guest »

The year of manufacture is 1971, from the early '60s Anschutz rifles have included the year among the proof marks on the barrel.

The trigger is not a "hair trigger", but the model 1407-U9 two stage.

I think that the stock is not the original. but a later upgrade. I don't think anschutz started fitting an adjustable cheekpiece to the 1413 until the mid-'70s; it looks like a 16xx stock from the mid-late-'70s.

hope this helps

Tim Slater

Exeter UK
Tikka

Post by Tikka »

Thanks guys. It also have the alloy left hand forend rest which I neglected to show.

Do the sites add anything to the price of the gun?
wrc

Post by wrc »

Yes, the sights are an important accessory. They usually go for more than $100 on ebay, depending on if they're the complete front & rear. Anyone wanting to buy that gun will normally also need the sight set to go with it.