blank

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Joshua Young

blank

Post by Joshua Young »

blank
Last edited by Joshua Young on Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

Two things to try:
1) visualize your match with perfect scores. You'll find doing a 60 shot match is very difficult but rewarding. If you can't do it in your mind, how will your mind allow your body to do it in real time?

“Before the deed comes the thought. Before the achievement comes the dream. Every mountain we climb, we first climb in our minds.” Royal Robbins, in Foreward to “Big Walls”, P. Piana.

2)Figure out what it is you ar afraid of in a match. In practice you have no fear (worry, anxiety) so do well, but in the match you have a different mindset. Why?

“Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” Yoda, Star Wars III

“Winning means being unafraid to lose.” Fran Tarkington, Vikings Quarterback, NFL Hall of Fame

3) Give it a real trial and report back here to let us know if it helped.

Good luck.
Slowstdy

Post by Slowstdy »

This works for me;
Just say and think to yourself, what difference is my score going to make to my life, what difference will my score make to any one, chances are nothing will change win or lose, not many even care, get a 93 or a 95. It just “Does Not Matter”. So why worry, why put all that match pressure on your self (no one else is putting it on you). So just shoot and enjoy, and remember it “Does Not Matter”, It really, “Does Not Matter”. If you work on relaxing and truly believe that it “Does Not Matter” you will have more fun and enjoy yourself and your scores should be as when you are practicing, after all, this match is just practice for the next match.

If all else fails use “The Force”…. “Use the force Luke, Use the force ” …LOL
Limey
wrc

Post by wrc »

In a similar vein - look at it as "hey, this shot is no big deal, I shoot shots like this all the time in practice" Go at it with the confidence that this is just like practice.
Also - Make sure to practice as if it were a match. That way the matches become just another practice.
dgold

Post by dgold »

You must read L. Bassham. You must exercise your self-image to get used to make 96 or more (especially more than in the trainings). Today you only trains the subconcious mind, creating conditioned reflections. And that is not enough. You must think like a winner, to imagine like a winner and to be accepted like a winner. And lastly, you must distract to the concious mind, because it is not capable to command the process of the shot.