Which Rifle should I buy?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

dhiru

Which Rifle should I buy?

Post by dhiru »

I wanted to buy a .22 lr Free Rifle, I wanted some help to choose the best one.....:

I am in favour of the Walther KK300 as I have a Walther LG300 and I have received some awesome service from them.

A fellow shooter in my club recommended a Bleiker, I wanted some feedback on this rifle too as I have not seen anyone using it here. How about other rifle like the Anschuetz, Feinwakbau et al.

Looking forward to your guidance.

Many Thanks

Dhirender
TWP

Re: Which Rifle should I buy?

Post by TWP »

dhiru wrote:I wanted to buy a .22 lr Free Rifle, I wanted some help to choose the best one.....:

I am in favour of the Walther KK300 as I have a Walther LG300 and I have received some awesome service from them.

A fellow shooter in my club recommended a Bleiker, I wanted some feedback on this rifle too as I have not seen anyone using it here. How about other rifle like the Anschuetz, Feinwakbau et al.

Looking forward to your guidance.

Many Thanks

Dhirender
Dhirender,

The Anschutz rifles seem to dominate the sport here in the US. I'm not sure if it's because they are really better or just because people think they are better.

I recommend to the kids in our club to have consistency whenever possible. If you already have a LG300 and are happy with service from Walther I'd say the KK300 should serve you very well.
RobH

which rifle

Post by RobH »

Why not stick with what you know. I shoot a LG300 also. When it came time to buy a smallbore rifle I got the KK 200 Power Match. The stock is very similar to the LG 300 and it was quite easy to set up. The rifle shoots great. Before I bought it I read somewhere (probably on this board) that it had the best trigger available. While I have never shot a 2013 or FWB 2700, I can't imagine that their triggers are better than the Walther's, it is just that nice. The Walthers come with the sights also which makes them about $1000 US less than an Anshutz.

Rob
dhiru

Thanks Guys

Post by dhiru »

Thank You all for the feedback, but what I am looking for is someone who could put the other rifle above the Walther as even for me the Walther is the best rifle that a shooter can get suited to very, very easily without many problems.

Could you also give me some web sites for rifle makers other than Walther, Anschuetz and Bleiker....

Thanks

Dhirender
Jose Rossy

Re: Thanks Guys

Post by Jose Rossy »

dhiru wrote:Thank You all for the feedback, but what I am looking for is someone who could put the other rifle above the Walther as even for me the Walther is the best rifle that a shooter can get suited to very, very easily without many problems.

Could you also give me some web sites for rifle makers other than Walther, Anschuetz and Bleiker....

Thanks

Dhirender
Help me understand what you want here.

You say that "even for me the Walther is the best rifle that a shooter can get suited to very, very easily without many problems.", which sounds like you like them very much.

But then you say: "what I am looking for is someone who could put the other rifle above the Walther", which sounds like you WANT to be convinced that there is something better than Walther.....

Did I get that right?

Put me in the "buy a Walther and enjoy" camp, for what it's worth.
Jose Rossy

Re: Thanks Guys

Post by Jose Rossy »

dhiru wrote:Could you also give me some web sites for rifle makers other than Walther, Anschuetz and Bleiker....
Dhirender
I can only think of Feinwerkbau
Jim E

Post by Jim E »

Walther's has had an exception year in small bore and the 300 is catching fire in Europe. Ulm Germany, where Anshctuz and Walther are located, is buzzing with their collective small bore results.
http://www.carl-walther.de/deutsch/aktu ... 2005.shtml
ksilver

Post by ksilver »

You can get a load of links here
dhiru

Thanks Guys

Post by dhiru »

Thanks for all the help, it has really helped me get to know a lot of other rifles, especially with the site that 'ksilver' gave, its simply awesome..... its like the encyclopedia of all the sites related to shooting......

And Jose you did get me absolutely right, as nobody till today has convinced me totally as to why Walther is not good...... on the contorary I have convinced them as to why Walther is such an awesome rifle to compete with....

That's it...

Dhirender