Lubrication

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

scot

Lubrication

Post by scot »

I have not used my single-stroke CA pistol for ten years.

I'd like to return to the fold, but wonder if the piston-rod and barrel should be lubricated first?
I believe that non-dieseling oil or grease must be used, but am confused between Moly and Silicone.
Can anyone please advise me - preferably with types/brands easily available in UK?

Many thanks
Bill177

lubricant is available from Pardini

Post by Bill177 »

I use a silicon based product from Pardini as my primary lubricant on airguns.

It comes in small white tubes and is used very sparingly on the internals of the airgun (regardless of what type the gun is). The internals being any place involving air pressure and where smooth operation is required.

It is not the type of lubricant you would use for lightly wiping down the outside of the gun when finished firing for the day.

In your particular case, after ten years of non-use, I'd disassemble the gun, carefully inspect and clean all the parts (removing previous lubricants), replace all seals (purchase a seal kit), sparingly lubricate the internals and all moving parts, and reassemble. Ten years is a long time for nothing to move.

The key word here is "sparingly" which to me means that a single small tube of the silicon lubricant will last me for several guns. You lubricate with a drop at a time as the base and a small part of the drop for each point of lubrication. I use a hypodermic syringe for this purpose, but a toothpick will do in a pinch.
scot

lubrication

Post by scot »

Many thanks for detailed reply, Bill - that's just the sort of info I needed.
jrmcdaniel

Post by jrmcdaniel »

PCP and single (or multiple) stroke airguns cannot "Diesel." Only the piston guns can diesel. That said, the other advice is excellent.

You could send the gun to Pilkington or Mac1 or someone for a refresher, too. If it was in good condition and stored well, it might just shoot fine with a couple of drops on the piston.

Best,

Joe