Stick with proven airpistol, or try something new?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
James

Stick with proven airpistol, or try something new?

Post by James »

I'm going to be purchasing my first airpistol. I've been using a Izh 46m from the club.

I'm trying to decide between a secondhand (2year old) pardini K2 short in compressed air.
And a New benelli kite young.

The pardini is 700 the kite is 800.

The kite is also lighter. 750 grams without the tank. But I dont think it has provisions for weights. The pardini weighs in at 990 with tank.

Comments or suggestions are welcome.
Bill177

Pardini

Post by Bill177 »

I have a Pardini K2 - I like it very much. I bought it because it fit well, felt good when shooting, and I consider that it will last me a very long time. That was my criteria for purchase.

In the big leagues I only hear of Steyr, Morini, and Pardini. Perhaps there is a technical reason for this - or perhaps popularity merely has to do with marketing.

I have never shot a Kite, hence cannot be more specific in my comments. However, that being said - I will repeat my purchase criteria: I bought it because it fit well, felt good when shooting, and I consider that it will last me a very long time.

This was a long term purchase - cost did not factor in.
crrmeyer

Re: Stick with proven airpistol, or try something new?

Post by crrmeyer »

James wrote:I'm going to be purchasing my first airpistol. I've been using a Izh 46m from the club.

I'm trying to decide between a secondhand (2year old) pardini K2 short in compressed air.
And a New benelli kite young.

The pardini is 700 the kite is 800.

The kite is also lighter. 750 grams without the tank. But I dont think it has provisions for weights. The pardini weighs in at 990 with tank.

Comments or suggestions are welcome.
I like the K2. It is a proven design (two Olympic gold medals?). You did not list your location, but if you are in the US spare parts are probably going to be easier to get for the K2. Pardini makes short clyinders for the K2 if you want to have less muzzle weight.

Charles
James

Post by James »

Ah well the pardini is sold.

I'm going with the benelli kite young.

Mikhail Nestruev uses the benelli kite