what is the use of screw no 1 in morini

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
shradhapn

what is the use of screw no 1 in morini

Post by shradhapn »

hi friends
i am having morini 162e.those having it please read the manual and tell me the what is the use of screw no 1 of trigger.is it usefull to reduce the jerk of trigger.please help me.
shradha[/b]
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Shradha:

1) Please get a copy of an owner's manual from the manufacturer. It will be very frustrating for you to operate and maintain the pistol without one.

2) Please explain what you mean by the "jerk of the trigger?" A pair of constant force springs don't typically "jerk" anywhere.

Steve Swartz
dhurt

Post by dhurt »

I have never fooled with my #1screw, but the way I read it, it adjusts the length of travel of the first stage. I guess it depends if you want to pull a long way or a short way till you hit the second stage. Personal preference I guess.
shradha

jerk means

Post by shradha »

HI Steve
feel jerk means it sounds quite loudly and is not squeeze smoothly
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Shradha:

Still not sure I understand, but the following behaviors should be true for your pistol:

1) During the first stage travel, you should experience a constant force spring pressure that is absolutely, perfectly "smooth" (ie, no distruptions, no feeling at all other than movement and constant resistance)

2) The force increases in a sharp "step" when the trigger mount attempts to pick up the electronic contact point against the second stage spring. With the gun turned off, you will actaully feel the slight "click" of adhesion as the contact is broken immediately (perhaps with a very slight perceived delay in time and/or travel) upon engagement withteh second stage spring. With the gun turned on, you will not feel this click. At teh moment the contact is broken (with gun turned on) you will also hear a quit click. If you are dry firing after cocking the pistol, you will not hear the click because yoiu will hear the air rushing out of the plenum!

3) Upon and after engaging the second stage, you will again feel a constant force 1st & 2d stage spring pressure that is again absolutely, perfectly smooth.

If what you are experiencing differs in any way with my description, there is very probably something wrong with your gun and you should seek the services of a factory-authorized gunsmith IMMEDIATELY! You run a great risk of damaging your gun if you continue to operate it with any kind of nonstandard adjustment or configuration.

It may also be unsafe to operate.

Here's what my manual tells me (by screw number):

(1) Take-Up: Turning the screw (1) to the right diminishes the travel
(2) First Travel: Turning the screw (2) to the right increases the load
(3) Second Travel: Turning the screw (3) to the right increases the load

Note the semantics of the language in the owner's manual is a little non standard. By "Take Up" they mean "first stage travel;" by "first travel" they mean "first stage resistance;" and by "second travel" they mean "second stage resistance."

You should adjust screw (1) so that you have at least 2mm or so (probably more) first stage travel. You should adjust screw (2) so that you have 350 or so grams resistance. You should then adjust screw (3) to provide an additional 200 grams or so. After making those adjustments your trigger should feel as I've described above. IF you (or someone else) has adjusted all of the first stage travel out of the mechanism . . . well, it probably isn't a good thing.

Steve Swartz