What's happened to High Noon?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

kiwi47

What's happened to High Noon?

Post by kiwi47 »

I've tried all the links, but everything comes up "page not available".
Has Grzegorz terminated the competition and taken down the site??
I sincerely hope not, as I enjoyed competing each month, and comparing my efforts to other international shooters.

Anyone have any info? Grzegorz, are you still out there??

kiwi47
Bill177

I hope not

Post by Bill177 »

High Noon is a great match and the shooting season will be starting soon - like when the leaves start to change color.

Post by Guest »

Im not able to connect to his host, omega.pol.lublin.pl.
It is possile that that system has fallen victim to the latest flavor worm out there attacking MS's hacked together OS containing security holes you could drive a truck through. Soon it will be reinvented yet again in longhorn/Vista, and the process will begin again.
mjfa

Post by mjfa »

Same here, I have tried to access it http://omega.pol.lublin.pl/highnoon/highnoon.htm several times lately and always got the following message:
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
Does anybody knows what's happening?
MarkR

High Noon

Post by MarkR »

Got an email from Grzegorz yesterday. He said that the room where the server is located "became like an aquarium" due to a heavy rainfall, and had to be shut down. It should be up within a few days.

He said the High Noon will continue and to send in results for August.

I am glad, as Grzegorz has done a great job with the High Noon Postal.

Mark
kiwi47

Post by kiwi47 »

Thanks a million, Mark! That's great news. I have to say I feared that High Noon was no more, so I'm relieved to hear it'll continue.

And thanks, Grzegorz, for your hard work and faith in us - I'll be submitting my August score shortly.

kiwi47