Pardini K-60 opinions and advice

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
James

Pardini K-60 opinions and advice

Post by James »

I cant seem to find much info on this gun.
I found one for 400.
How much does it weigh. When was it manufactured. How does the breech work (like the k2?)
What's the value of the gun? I can get a co2 tank, and if i shoot indoors, the temperature shouldnt be too much of an issue.

Is it worth getting pcp? There is the walther lp-200 for 550. Pcp is more expensive as i can get a co2 tank for free. the lp-200 is a bit heavier then the sam-10 i was looking at.
Charles

Re: Pardini K-60 opinions and advice

Post by Charles »

James wrote:I cant seem to find much info on this gun.
I found one for 400.
How much does it weigh. When was it manufactured. How does the breech work (like the k2?)
What's the value of the gun? I can get a co2 tank, and if i shoot indoors, the temperature shouldnt be too much of an issue.

Is it worth getting pcp? There is the walther lp-200 for 550. Pcp is more expensive as i can get a co2 tank for free. the lp-200 is a bit heavier then the sam-10 i was looking at.
I think they are a great pistol for the money. If you do not like the weight, buy a K-90 cylinder which is shorter and weighs less. For one in excellent condition I usually see them sell in the $400-$450 range.

One thing to watch for is that the cylinders were not overtightened and damaged the male threads on the pistol. This is a concern for a lot of 10m pistols out there (not just the K-60).

Charles
Bill177

About the K60

Post by Bill177 »

I have one. So here is info that might be of some help to you:

Loading is the same as the K2 (which I also have).

Shooting the K60 is generally like any other AP: load pellet, aim, pull trigger - complain about lousy shot.

I find that my K60 is nose heavy. The idea of using the shorter cylinders from a K90 is appealing - if you can find any.

So far as using Co2............. well, my K2 is Co2 and I am very pleased with it. I am not going to start a war here and say PCP or Co2 is better or worse. They both work well and there are pluses and minuses for each.

So far as getting a free Co2 tank - that is worth considering. A 20# fill will last for time measured in months - many months or even years. My cost of a fill is $15.

For some excellent information about shooting Co2 APs go to:
http://www.pilkguns.com/coach/co2.htm

http://airguninfo.westexas.net/partsk60.htm
http://airguninfo.westexas.net/K60-K90.tif

The above files may help you with specific information about the K60. If you do purchase the K60, I suggest you obtain a set of seals for it.

I place the value of my K60 - with the original hardshell case and a Nygord Comp, at about $450.

Although the Pardini APs are very good guns, they do not appear to have the general popularity of the Steyr or Morini products.

Re: About the K60

Post by Guest »

Bill177 wrote: I find that my K60 is nose heavy. The idea of using the shorter cylinders from a K90 is appealing - if you can find any.
The late Don Nygord had one or two K90 cylinders left as of a year ago as another K60 shooter I know picked one up based on my comments. He liked the K60 with the K90 cylinder's ballence better. Don's Pardini stock went to Larry's Guns so you might give Larry a call and see if he has any left.

Charles
dhurt

Post by dhurt »

The K60 is a nice gun. The trigger is very good, and within the limits of CO2, you won't go wrong with the Pardini. Mine has a Nygord turbo comp installed, which is a very effective comp. Note the dry fire screw indicated on the pilkgun 10p file, a feature not mentioned in the owners manual?
CraigE

FWIW from my experience

Post by CraigE »

I have cycled through a number of pistols...RWS 10M, FWB65, GAMO 10, IZH 46, Skanaker 88 and finally stuck with a Steyr LP1 CO2 for almost 2 years. I stumbled on a Pardini K58 as a step up and a back-up not needing anything more than muscle to charge it. Suddenly, I was shooting better....balance, trigger, sights? don't know exactly what other than it simply felt more like an extension of my arm/hand than any of the others. Having had good experience with the LP1 in CO2, I have gotten a K60 recently. I could not be happier with the pistol. All of the advantages that I discovered with the K58 AND no real muscle required to charge it between shots. Your mileage may vary. Some will say I am crazy to get rid of the LP1. Yes it was a very nice pistol and very well made. Pardini however, seems to have come here and fit a pistol out just for me. It is a proven technology and a well constructed pistol. What remains for determination is whether it's the right pistol for you. Time and practice will tell that. IMHO. CraigE