Colored sights- what to use?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Ted Bell

Colored sights- what to use?

Post by Ted Bell »

In the "center hold" thread Mike McDaniel posted a recommendation to try colored sights. Anyone have any recommendations on what to use to color the sights that would be removable should I find it doesn't work that well for me?

Thanks,
Ted
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

I have orange paint (Bright Sight) on one of my pistols. And since it does not really BOND to the metal (at least for me), if I don't like it I can scrape it off w my finger nail.

Other options, fingernail polish, which you can remove w fingernail polish remover.

Gary
Spencer C

Post by Spencer C »

the small tubes of poster paint (from any art supply or stationers) work a treat, are cheap, and come in a vast range of colours

try bright orange, or bright red as a starting point

Spencer C
Mike McDaniel

Post by Mike McDaniel »

Poster paint seems to work well - or try a hobby shop for acrylic paint.

Fluorescent orange usually works best, as the human eye is most responsive to that frequency of light.

The other option would be to go with white.
jrmcdaniel

Post by jrmcdaniel »

Actually, the eye is most responsive to green and that is available in flourescent colors, too.
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

jrmcdaniel wrote:Actually, the eye is most responsive to green and that is available in flourescent colors, too.
I agree. My research some years ago provided the same answer - the human eye most easily sees green.
kardar

Colored Sights

Post by kardar »

May be I will be able to see my sights too....

A quick question though. Do I paint both front & back sight or just the front sight.

Thanks
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

I just paint the front sight, as that is the one I want to focus on.
If you have trouble seeing your rear sight, then use a less "intense" color, so your eye won't be distracted from the front sight.

gary