CM84e Grip Question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dlinden

CM84e Grip Question

Post by dlinden »

I need to benefit from the experience of others since there is no opportunity to determine this for myself in advance. Is the grip for the CM84e free pistol wider or larger in anyway than comparable Morini grips for other guns in the same size? To encase the electronics, I underdstand that this may be the case. I need a size small and find this size for a Toz plenty big already. Of course, none are around for me to try out. Would be nice to be able to actually reach the trigger. Thanks

Dennis Lindenbaum
Fred

84e grip size

Post by Fred »

Dennis,

If your main concern is being able to reach the trigger, you should not have a problem with the 84e. The trigger on that gun is much easier to reach - i.e. can be adjusted much further back - than the trigger on a TOZ. As for overall grip size, nearly all the Morini grips for FP are fairly meaty for their nominal size, but you can always call on Mr. Dremel. HTH,

Fred
RobStubbs

Re: 84e grip size

Post by RobStubbs »

Fred wrote:As for overall grip size, nearly all the Morini grips for FP are fairly meaty for their nominal size, but you can always call on Mr. Dremel. HTH,

Fred
Just remember the grip size is determined by the wad of electronics inside the grip and if 'Mr Dremmel' gets too ambitious you will cut through to the space the electronics live in.

Rob.
dlinden

Post by dlinden »

Ron - That is one of the things I am concerned about. My question is if the Morini grip for the electric guns is even meatier than their counterparts in the same size. Unfortunately, having a small size grip doesn't lend itself to trying out anybody else's grips. Somebody local has a CM84e in large; I would have to use a chainsaw instead of a dremel tool for that grip and he already said no.

Dennis
WSmith

Post by WSmith »

As long as you don't have a dealer special order a size small grip for an 84E, most dealers should allow you to return a grip as long as it's returned unaltered.

Make some phone calls to international shooting equipmnet retailers. Someone has one in stock, either ordered for someone who didn't buy or one aquired in a trade. If you live in North America try the following: Pilkington, Champions Shooter Supply, ISS, Champion's Choice, and Nygord Precision. (I apologize if I've forgotten anyone.)

In regards to the comparative size of the 84E grip compared to other Morini grips, it shouldn't be too dramatic a difference - it may be quite like a standard pistol grip that has the magazine well thru the grip (Hammerli 208) versus a pistol with a forward magazine (GSP).

REMEMBER: There's two basic methods to alter a grip to fit - removing material, i.e. "Mr. Dremel," and adding material, i.e., Morini grip paste.
Reinhamre

Grip

Post by Reinhamre »

Hi,
May I suggest a RINK grip for your 84E.
It has however not an adjustable palm shelf.
I have bought a RINK grip for my air pistol 162EI, it is possibly the only alternative to Morini grip.
Bought a medium Rink grip for my FP10 (FP10RMB0) and it feels smaller in the hand than the original small grip.

Kent