necessity of shoes

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
shradhapn

necessity of shoes

Post by shradhapn »

while practsing after some time my position changes means my foot starts to slip.is it a shoes problem.or my mistake .
also help me for taking right position means distance, angle and presure between legs and foot
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Everybody is different and there is no ideal stance that will suit them all. It is also highly likely that your own ideal stance will change during a match due to muscle fatigue and differing tension.

Just as a suggestion for a starting point, stand at approximately 45 degrees to the line to the target with your feet at about shoulder width. Turn your head as if about to raise the pistol, close your eyes, raise the pistol, open your eyes and see where there gun is pointing. Adjust your feet to make any required left/right correction and then test again. Make this part of your routine every time you approach the bench and pick the gun up.

This is a very simplistic description, others may have different suggestions.

Whatever happens, remember that your stance must be comfortable.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

David makes an excellent post and good instructions for how to find your natural point of aim (discussed in great length in this forum).

I would only stress two things at this point with respect to your quesiton:

1) If your foot is slipping, something is very wrong- sounds like your feet are way too far apart. Your stance should be in equilibrium; with no muscular tension required to maintain any aspect of it. Of course, once you actually loft the gun you will need to regain equilibrium and muscular tension will be required to keep the gun raised . . . but nothing should be going on with your feet during this process.

2) When finding yoiur natural point of aim, face forward, close your eyes, and relax. Then point "naturally" with your eyes closed. When you open yoiur eyes, note the position of the gun in relation to the target, and the sights in relation to your view. Adjust feet as required in order to have the gun appear with sights aligned, pointed at teh target, when you open your eyes. Your mileage may vary, howver- turn yoiur whole body to adjust torso angle; feet closer together/farther apart to adjust elevation; toes in/toes out angle to adjust arm position relative to head (for sight alignment). Also- rotating your upper arm at the shoulder (you have close to 90 degrees to play with) will also affect sight alignment and direction of point.

TAKE GOOD NOTES AND DON'T ASSUME YOUR FIRST EXPERIMENT WILL FIND THE CORRECT COMBINATION!

Steve Swartz