Morini CM32M

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
aRonin

Morini CM32M

Post by aRonin »

What's the current status with Morini CM32M for the USA market? Is it obtainable from anyone?

Anyone with experience with that gun?
CM 32 owner

the .32 kalamity

Post by CM 32 owner »

Yes, I have some "experience" regarding the Morini CM 32. You bet!
My CM .32 was in for repairs and rebuild over a year.
Then the importer gave up on the CM 32. He offered to take the gun back, and gave me a full refund for the the money I spent 4 years earlier.
An unresistable offer!
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

Francesco has not produced the 32 for several years now, I assumed he was too busy with production of more saleable items like the FP , AP, and CM22, combined with having to work out the bugs with the less functioning .32 cartridge
JLD

Post by JLD »

What was the problem with your CM32M ?
I wanted one but already impossible de find back in 2003.
A .32 pistol must do one more thing than the .22s : it must leave the empty cases intact for reloading.
Former CM 32 owner

Kalamities of the CM 32

Post by Former CM 32 owner »

JLD, you tried to get your hands on a CM 32 back in 2003?
Luckily you did not, and hence saved yourself some worries.
The CM 32 was an attractive gun. but it did not cycle reliablely with any ammo.
The first magazines produced used to get the upper part of the rear wall torn off from the cycling of the slide during recoil.
The new substitute magazines that I received, with new "plastics" followers featuring a different feeding angle, would not accept 5 cartridges, only 4 (!)

The CM 32 did never extract reliably, many "stovepipes" occured.

The bolt that fixes the barrel/slide assembly to the frame constantly looened up during firing, often in less than 10 rounds, no matter how hard it was torqued down (and there was no lock-crew for this bolt).

The front blade was way to high, an the rear sight blade too low. It was not possible to bring the gun to print to center of target with a low 6 o´clock hold (that is about to the 5 ring of the ISSF target).

The firing pin of the CM 32s were prone to break, in less than one thousand rounds. (Dryfiring was not the cause for this).

The CM 32 had a very good trigger (like the CM 22). And its balance would be geat for rapid fire, probably.

Quite a bit of R & D work remains for the CM 32 to become an acceptably reliable gun.
aRonin

Post by aRonin »

In other words, there's nothing but horror stories so far!

Any advice on alternatives for .32 SWL CF pistol?
David M

Post by David M »

Try a revolver, no feeding problems and the case catcher works just fine!!!
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

aRonin wrote:Any advice on alternatives for .32 SWL CF pistol?
The Pardini HP is a very good choice. The only issue is the bore is very tight, so be sure to slug it and buy appropriately sized bullets.
aRonin

Discussion on CM32

Post by aRonin »

Thank you all very much for your inputs...