U.S. Customs ...

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
WSmith

U.S. Customs ...

Post by WSmith »

As I've mentioned in some of my previous postings, I've been looking forward to receiving a MATCHGUNS MG2 for some time now. It seems my dealer has run into a difficulty with U.S. Customs, only willing to issue a "conditional" import permit, ... meaning that they're interested in seeing the MG2 before allowing it entry into the country. If the local official needs clarification on the pistol, it will be sent off to Washington for further review.

NOW HERE'S THE KICKER: There's no quarantee of ever getting the pistol back, ... and I'm not sure if it's even returned if approved! (Though I find this hard to believe.)

My dealer has of course reminded Customs that the pistol had been imported by Don Nygord. As long as the pistol and model designation haven't changed, it should be allowed entry.

Let me know what you think - W.

PS I've recently heard - on the rumor mill - that Larry Carter is experiencing a similiar situation importing the Pardini line. This has not been verified.
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

Welcome to the world of importing. It's all calculated risk and dealing with goverment beauracracies that may or not respond in the same way as they did last time.
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

BTW, it won't go to your local customs official at all, it will have to go to BATF imports in Martinsville WV for compliance inspection.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Keeping you all safe from those terrorist. You know the kind of damage they could do with a .22 target pistol after all I'm sure it's their weapon of choice along with tweazers and air pistol cylinders.