CMP Air Rifles - 2002 Anshultz??

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

AnonJohn

CMP Air Rifles - 2002 Anshultz??

Post by AnonJohn »

Logged on to see the discussion and nary a word on this? Might be gone already. I didn't order one, just wasn't a good enough deal for me. What say you all?

LIMITED QUANTITY ANSCHUTZ AIR RIFLES. The CMP has acquired a very small quantity of Anschutz 2002 compressed air rifles and is offering them for sale below market value. We have less than one dozen of these and will sell them on a first come - first served basis. For details, please see
http://www.odcmp.com/Rifles/Anschutz.htm.

$1375 Blue Laminate Stocks
$1200 Walnut Stocks

John
BillyLo

Post by BillyLo »

I picked up one of the walnut versions yesterday. Will let you know how it works out once its here. Not the best deal in the world but not to shabby either since I just started looking for one this popped up.

Thanks Vlad!

Billy
ske1eter

Post by ske1eter »

I picked up one of the wood stocked ones (they had 3 left before I bought) about 1/2 hour before they closed for the day. It's way more gun than I can shoot but I appreciate a quality rifle. And when it doesn't hit where pointed I know it's me. Reassuring that way but quite humbling as well.

I did a quick search on the internet before I purchased and thought the price was pretty reasonable. The best I found online was slightly less than $1400 for the gun and another $250 for the sights. Since I'm not a target shooter nor well connected with those in the know I thought this was a good price point for me to jump in. I'm not disappointed in the least.

As an aside, I shot Anschutz an email asking what pellets they used in the same target. I tried to decypher what they were trying to say but couldn't decide what pellet they specifically used. Their response is below as written.....

========

We are glad that you just recently purchased one of our target air rifles.
We use for our tests pellets of two German factories, i. e. H&N (Haendler &
Natermann) and Ruag Ammotec, former Dynamit Nobel. The pellets were called
RWS. These pellets you can buy from our target distributors

=============
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

It appears they used H&N rifle or RWS pellets. Either will be fine but test them both (and different sizes) to get the best possible match - if you want near perfection.

Rob.
VladB

Post by VladB »

Thanks Billy!! You owe me pictures, remember? :-)
BillyLo wrote:I picked up one of the walnut versions yesterday. Will let you know how it works out once its here. Not the best deal in the world but not to shabby either since I just started looking for one this popped up.

Thanks Vlad!

Billy

Post by Guest »

Got a cleared up response from the supposed President himself....

As mentioned before, we use the RWS pellet which is also called "R10 Match"
and the pellets from H&N which is called "Finale Match". Both companies
make pellets with a little bit different sizes in mm, what you mentioned
also in your e-mail. You have to try which size suits best out of your
barrel, this can vary from time to time. But the difference is so little,
that you should not worry about it at all.

Best regards,

Dieter Anschuetz
President