.32 S&W Long

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
SB

.32 S&W Long

Post by SB »

Hello all,
I am new to this forum although have been shooting for over 30 years.

I have just ordered a Walther GSP in the .32 S&W Long caliber. Have also ordered a case of Lapua brass and a couple of boxes of Lapua 83 gr wadcutters to get me going.
Does anyone have experience with the Lapua 83 grain bullets and if so would you mind sharing some accurate loads?
I would like to cut down my experimentation time and at the same time find out obstacles, if any.

Another issue, and one that ultimately might affect all indoor ranges in the US. My local range does not allow any lead bullets indoors except for .22 caliber. The reason given is that they are conducting a test on the range master's blood level and since implementing this "rule" the lead has disappeared from his system. This is a test in conjunction with OSHA and might spread its wings across the nation if successful. So.....how about putting some pressure on bullet makers to come out with a full metal jacket wadcutter bullet for the .32 ?

Thank you in advance.
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

1.5gr and 1.7gr of Vihtavuori N310 have both been safe in My Pardini with the 83, too early to telll which is more accurate.

I and the previous owner used 1.2 to 1.3 gr with the heavier bullets (98 or 100gr) but find it difficult to get reliable charge throwing from the Dillon measure (and small charge bar) with charges that small.

I don't think I WANT to shoot FMJ or even plated bullets in that gun.

Poole
http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/
Tor

.32 Loads

Post by Tor »

Hello!
Some years ago I tested my GSP in a vice (25 meters).
The best results I got with Lapua's 98grs. HBWC Bullet, 1.6grs. VV 310 and just a minor crimp. This load had a little better groups than with Lapua 83grs. HBWC. I tested loads from 1.3-1.7grs. But 1.6 grs. worked best for both 83 and 98 grs. bullets. I also tested other bullets than HBWC but they where so bad that i never bother use them again. But it must be said they where all .314. I use the 98grs. bullet for centerfire and the 83grs. for military rapidfire to have a lesser recoil. The last years I have used Haendler & Natermann bullets with the same weight. This are cheaper than Lapua and works well in my Sako Triace . H & N also have .32 bullets (83, 90, and 100gr.) with some black coating for indoor use. Hope this bullets can be a sollution for your indoor shooting.

Best wishes from Tor , Norway
SB

Post by SB »

Bill and Tor, thank you for your replies.

Who sells the H & N bullets in USA? Looks like that coated bullet might be the ticket.
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

a. Based on my own OSH experience, other factors reduced the range employees blood lead. For the shooters, the primer is the principle source of airborne lead, not the bullets. If the ventilation is up to code, there won't be a problem. Does this person also clean the bullet trap?

b. The rules are the same for everyone working in an environment with occupational lead exposure; OSHA isn't known to single out shooting ranges.

c. ISSF rules don't allow jacketed bullets, so there isn't a lot of motivation to develop a jacketed full wadcutter round:-(

accurate and dependable light bullet load for the .32 S&

Post by Guest »

Hi, SB.

I have for years used 83 and 84 gns wc bullet from different makers, loaded in different brands of brass.
I have fired thousand of rounds, consisting of these bullets atop 1,5 gns of WW 310.
This load has worked well in FAS, Pardinis, and Walther GSPs. Good accuracy, dependable feeding and ejection, without severe strain and battering for those weak .32 frames out there.