IZH 46M Sight adjustment

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
TomF

IZH 46M Sight adjustment

Post by TomF »

Can anyone tell me how much the the elevation and windage move for each click at 10M?

Thanks!
lucky

sight adjustment

Post by lucky »

three clicks per scoring ring,very pricise no slop grat gun enjoy it.
TomF

Post by TomF »

So its about 1/10 of an inch per click at 10m.

Thanks!
Dart

Post by Dart »

Mine ran out of elevation, its up as high as it can go and while it is on target I'd still like to be able to bring it down a bit so if the zero goes up I can adjust. Any suggestions? It doesnt appear like I can slide the rear sight up or down, just sideways.

Post by Guest »

Dart,
Your post doesn't quite make sense as you talk about raising the rear sight, but lowering your shots.
If your shooting too low and have run out of adjustment, try grinding a bit off your front sight.
jrmcdaniel

Post by jrmcdaniel »

Are you aiming at the right place? The "correct" aim point for 10M targets is the bottom of the black circle on the target. Unless you are shooting at something a lot farther away than 10 meters or are aiming at the wrong point, you should have lots of adjustment range.

Another possibility I just thought of is that the rear sights are replacable and movable. Perhaps you or the previous owner has installed the rear sight blade incorrectly (hard to do, actually, but probably possible). The two screws holding the rear blade should be in the hole and slot. I have had to reposition my rear sight from side-to-side to get enough adjustment for centering the "windage" but never had a problem with elevation.

Best,

Joe
Gryphon

IZH 46M

Post by Gryphon »

My pistol has the same problem with one of the supplied rear sights. If you loosen the two set screws a little and push up on the sight plate, it will move up a bit. It moves enough to fix the problem on my pistol. Hope that helps.
Dart

Post by Dart »

Right now for a 6 oclock hold my 46m is fine. I'd like to have a sub 6 hold but I cant bring the shots up any higher because the rear sight is out of adjustment. I tried before to push up the rear sight before and it didnt seem to have much wiggle room. I'll try again.
TomF

Post by TomF »

Try changing front sight blade or adjusting the front sight. Mine came with several front blades and two rear blades.

But I have never had the problems you are describing.
KrizakCz

Post by KrizakCz »

Check the piston sealing.It wears off after a time and causes air escaping from the valve,lower muzzle velocity and shots are down.The pellet can even not reach the target if you hold the shot for a longer time.Had the same problem on my 46M.The pellet muzzle velocity differed on the time from cocking to pulling the trigger.The shorter time,the better:(.