Trailside or IZH35

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Dart

Trailside or IZH35

Post by Dart »

Looking for a standard pistol for practice. I can use a Hammerli 280 when at the club, but I would like to get a gun I can use more often and to practice the basics with. The IZH is cheaper than the competition version of the Trailside, but I'm concerned about buying a gun that seems to have so many problems with doubling and low quality issues. If the IZH-35 were just rough that wouldnt bother me, but I want to shoot it quite a bit and dont want a new headache. That being said if I got lucky and got a IZH that worked I think it would be more suited for the job than the Trailside Competition. And if I do get the Trailside I'll get the trigger worked on by Larry's Guns. So what would you do?
zoned

Post by zoned »

> So what would you do?

Consider this info:
http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=10579
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

I purchased a used IZH35M several months ago and am very happy with it. I have had no problems in the course of 400-500 rounds. It appears well made and of good quality. The issues that you may have seen around doubling, etc relate mainly to the early imports and/or lack of proper maintenance. I have to say, however, that it is not my primary 22. Given the current situation about spare parts and possibly no importer, I recommend your getting the Trailside rather than the IZH.
You should also consider a good used high end gun. I suspect that with the new Pardini just announced there may be some used SP's coming on the market as people trade up.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

I recently purchased an IZH and found it to be an excellent pistol and would recommend it to anyone who isn’t going to be competing at a high level with it. The SP20 that you are using at the club, if its durable, is a good pistol.

Brian .
kalish

Post by kalish »

IZH, period.
John C

Post by John C »

I've been trying to find an IZH 35M for a while, and can't seem to find one. Where are you guys finding them? Who imports them now that EAA stopped?

Thanks

-John
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

John,
I bought mine used from Pilkguns. It was in their used gun section and I happened to come across it just after it was posted. They had one other at the time. Talk to Warren and ask him to keep an eye out for you. I am not aware of any one importing new ones.
chrisjohn

izh35 Vs. Trailside

Post by chrisjohn »

IZH hands down. Trailside isn't in the same league.

My IZH has fired 15K rounds without a single double. Yes, I do clean the floating firing pin.

Broke the slide stop. No other issues.

I have a Trailside and it may be an okay pistol, but without trigger work it blows, the adjustable site is just so so, and it flips a bit even with the weight.
Dart

Post by Dart »

Thanks, I'll pick one up as soon as I can find one.
gunnery

Post by gunnery »

why not the walther ksp 200 ?
its a izh 35 tuned by walther

Post by Guest »

Sold my IZH in a moment of (financial) weakness a few years ago. Regretted it ever since.
Trailside doesn't compare, period.
medinabrit

Post by medinabrit »

i have had trailside & izh . izh is by far the better choice
brian