pto

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
lucky

pto

Post by lucky »

excuse my ignorance but what does pto stand for referring to ap matches
omegaman

PTO

Post by omegaman »

I think it is preliminary try out
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

Lucky,

If you live in Broomfield, CO - THERE IS NO EXCUSE - for not knowing what PTO stands for. You are among the fortunate few who live a little more than an hour from the Olympic Trianing Center (OTC) in Colorado Springs. Most shooters would give their eye teeth for a chance to shoot there.

Come down and join us sometime - new shooters of any age and skill level are always welcome and we will go out of our way to you feel right at home. If you need a gun - we can do that too!

If you're interested, send me a private email and I'll pass on some contact information so you can plan a trip down there for the next PTO.

Good shootin to ya.

F. Paul in Denver

paul@figlialaw.com

Take care
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

In case it's not clear to anyone out there, the true intent of my previous post to Lucky was to extend an invivation to him and even loan him equipment if necessary. I had mistakenly assumed he was new to shooting or at least had never been to the OTC.

I certainly meant no offense by saying "THERE IS NO EXCUSE"

My apologies to you Lucky if you found anything I said offensive. I look forward to meeting you there.

F. Paul in Denver

Post by Guest »

It always pays to re-read before one posts ;~) Most everyone slips up now and then though.
F. Paul in Denver wrote:In case it's not clear to anyone out there, the true intent of my previous post to Lucky was to extend an invivation to him and even loan him equipment if necessary. I had mistakenly assumed he was new to shooting or at least had never been to the OTC.

I certainly meant no offense by saying "THERE IS NO EXCUSE"

My apologies to you Lucky if you found anything I said offensive. I look forward to meeting you there.

F. Paul in Denver
CraigE

new understanding

Post by CraigE »

To lucky...and to F. Paul (and others).....
Shot in my first PTO today in Rochester NY. The hosts, Rochester Rifle Club, organized a first class event. I found out later that this was an initial venture for the club. I have had experiences....and very good ones...with NRA matches closer to my home. ISSF conditions are slightly different and IMHO a wee bit closer to the spirit of uniformity for precsision shooting. That being said with no offense meant to the folks who work hard organizing and running any sort of matches, the more different types and places that one can shoot only serves to make for better competitive shooting and strengthening of the sport. I have yet to get to a club/range/match where hosts are anything but gracious and helpful. We are fortunate to participate in a sport fostering comraderie. I would urge anyone who hasn't taken part in ISSF at a PTO to do so. The range of experience and skill is broad and all shooters are welcome. It's an opportunity to gain experience, meet good people and perhaps pick up some nuance that will improve your results. Craig E