question about the 2005 nationals in june

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Greg Knutzen

question about the 2005 nationals in june

Post by Greg Knutzen »

Does any one know when the free pistol awards will be given out on the 21st of june. My son and I would like to watch the awards being given out, but I need to book a flight out that night. Does anyone have any Idea of the time schedule. USA Shooting Competition division, did't have any idea of what time the finals will be shot for free pistol on the 21st, let alone the awards.

Any input will be of help!
Marc Orvin

Awards

Post by Marc Orvin »

Greg,

Awards are normally handled as soon as the finals are finished and the stat office can compile the classification award winner information. Typically it happens within a half an hour after the finals, usually less.

One thing about shooting in Georgia is that you never know what time the finals are going to happen because you don't know what the weather is going to do. If we lose power halfway through the match, it's kinda hard to tell when the finals are going to be.

I know this doesn't answer your question very well, but it may be for the same reason that the competitions folks can't answer you directly either. Awards happen at the earliest possible moment after the finals, usually. Sometimes awards are done for air and free at the same time. Then you would have to make sure that both events have completed their finals. Lots of variables there when you think about it.

Not trying to be obtuse. Just trying to inform you of some of the challenges.
mcole95

Post by mcole95 »

Greg,

I can only speak for the 2003/2004 Nationals... but the past two years FP finals have been held around in the noon-2p window, with awards given out within 15 minutes of finals completing. For 2005, it appears pistol isn't competing for 50m range time with rifle so scheduling should be more predictable, barring acts of God as previously mentioned.

Assuming your flying out of Atlanta and will have a rent-a-car to return, booking a flight around 6pm or later should allow you plenty of time to see finals/awards, and make your flight without hurrying.

--Matt
Greg Knutzen

Post by Greg Knutzen »

thank you very much. The info helped a great deal.

Greg