stehr lp

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
lucky

stehr lp

Post by lucky »

let me redo my dumm question about how long will a steyr pistol last before i can expect nessesary maintenence under heavy use 100 to 150 shots per session 6 days a week.

thanks again
lucky
GrantLee63

Post by GrantLee63 »

Can't answer that question with any certainy. I've had my LP10 for almost 2 1/2 years, and shot approximately 6000 rounds. Have'nt replaced anything yet, as nothing has needed replacement ! The only 'maintainence' I've done to mine is a to put a drop of oil on the moving parts every 1000 or so rounds or so.

My guess it that it will be providing years of precision shooting to not only myself buy to my heirs, and very probably their heirs as well.
sparky

Post by sparky »

Wear is probably about negligible. Every once in awhile, clean and lube it. Every once in a while, you might have to replace an o-ring (cheap).

Are you SERIOUSLY worried about wearing out an air pistol???
If so, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I'd worry more about getting some horrific case of tendonitis from firing 6000+ rounds per week of AP. That's a lot of arm raising.
DavidO.

Post by DavidO. »

My club has an LP1, and the rest has the CO2s, which run around 20 years old. I wouldn't worry about the wear and tear either. Just lube it once in a while and apply a very light coat of AP oil on the AP after each use and it will probably out last you. Thats why they are so expensive, at least for my pocket book.