Announcing, the First Annual International Hamburger Open

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Luftrick

Announcing, the First Annual International Hamburger Open

Post by Luftrick »

Alrighty then, here's how it works.

1) Post a reply to this message to let me know you are in.

2) Pick a USAS (or your home contry's official governing board) sanctioned AP60 match taking place this month to compete in and shoot the match.

3) Report your score for the 60 shot match (no finals) back to me at the following address: luftrick@maineforcepatrol.com

4) Be honest, you monkeys.

5) The winner will get a very special prize.

OK, who's in?

I'll use the 2005 Maine State Championship in two weeks as my score.

Signed,

The Hamburgler
sparky

Post by sparky »

Hahaha...so that'll result in what...3 US entries? How many USAS sanctioned matches are there? Why not just look up the High Noon results???
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

OK : I'll take Sundays match at Braintree Mass. Greg Derr
william

Post by william »

I'll see you in Augusta.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

I'd like to, but there are no USAS AP60 matches in the DE/PA/NJ area. There are plenty of NRA AP60 matches - I have shot in two and will be shooting two or three more this winter.
Luftrick

Post by Luftrick »

OK, we'll stretch the regs a bit and allow NRA AP60 matches as well. But it has to be from a February match so we can set the cutoff at the last day of the month.

Nothing against the High Noon or 20/20 stuff, but this is results from sanctioned matches we will fire in. Turn up the heat on the 'burgers with some actual Match Pressure.

So far I got yours truly, Bill, Fred and Mr. Derr, oh and Tseug, of course. Can't forget my muse!
Luis Medina

Post by Luis Medina »

I'm in but the match (USAS sanctioned) won't take place until later in the month.
eugenegazda

Post by eugenegazda »

I'm in.
Weather permitting, I'll be shooting two NRA AP 60s this month. Feb 10 at MSI in Manchester CT and Feb 24 at Silver City GC in Meriden CT.
I'll send in my first score.
Gene
R.M.

Post by R.M. »

I'll use my score from the Canadian Grand Prix, second match.

R.M.
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Okay, This sounds like a good idea.
I am in with "Öckerö Grand Prix" in Sweden febr 13.

Kent
Luftrick

Post by Luftrick »

Right on! We are gathering steam ... Tseug are you joining in as well? Wait till you see the, um, trophy. It's awesome.

Patrick
Tseug

Hamburger or Ham-burgl-er?

Post by Tseug »

A Ham-burgler?. Breaking in after closing hours to get your Hamburger?
I do not mess around with burglers.

In Germany ther is an old saying that translates aproximately as: tell who you´re with, that tells who you are.

But if you´ll give me this option: If I win, I will get a "Sauerkraut" meal custom prepared by a "Chef" for me. Served with well chilled real beer. German beer imported from Germany that is. Not the mess in the white "bud" cans.
Promise, Hamburgler alias "luftdruck" alias???

By the way, I will be in Denver area, Colorado, about may 22. - june 4. this year.
But I can´t bring my AP with me. I have done so in ´94 or ´95, but it was too much trouble. So if there are any sanctioned AP or FP matches in that ares during my visit, I will come to se you make a good score, "luftdruck".

But I will of course participate in german sanctioned matches in Germany.
I could post you the score, "luftdruck", but it all depends on that "Sauerkraut" meal (with beverages)![/b]
Tseug, again

match score

Post by Tseug, again »

Now I have read your latest post under the thread:If I but a Steyr LP 10.

Ja, klar, "luftdruck", "Mein Alter Kamerad" (= my old buddy), ich gehe mit!.

By the way, I am going to post some scores to the "High Noon" postal matches. I´ll keep you posted.

Tseug.
Luftrick

Post by Luftrick »

Tseug, Mein Alter Kamerad, (I like that)

Ich lese und spreche Deutschen, sehr langsam. Ich schicke Ihnen die Trophäe, wenn Sie gewinnen. Ich bin ein Mann meines Wortes.

Luft-RICK (as in, my name is Patrick but I put Luft in there to ... whatever. If I have to explain it, it is obviously not as clever as I originally thought.)
Tseug

?

Post by Tseug »

I am starting to like you, "luft-Patrick".

Sie lesen und begreifen deutsch, wann es langsam geth. Gut.

According to your e-mail adress you are involved with "mainforcepatrol". Some policeforce?
A police officer that has got brain, not only muscles for baton-swinging (you have to be smarter or more well educated than the average, ´cause you understand german). Just kidding.
The understanding of german is not so common abroad anymore. We lost the war (but we probably won the war of economy).

Where have you learned your german, "luft-Patrick"? Or do you have an german relation? Grandparents?

I like this column becuse here we can have informal chats, and not be too serious all the time. The world out there is serious enough.

I have the impression you are doing well in shooting, Patrick. May I ask about your personal records in AP and FP? so I can evaluate my chances for winning.

Sincerely,

Tseug.
Luftrick

Post by Luftrick »

Now, Tseug, if you would just register mein Kumpel, I could contact you regarding all this without taking up space on the board. But, since I have no email address for you or PM function to use, I will post here.

Everybody else can just go read another thread if they are bored with the US/German Shooter Outreach Program here.

Anyway, to answer your questions: I am not German, have not ein bisschen of German ancestry. But, I love good engineering. And, if one loves good engineering, one loves the Germans. Mein mottorad ist ein BMW (R1100S). Mein ehemaliges Auto war ein BMW (CS635CSi--alt aber gut). Eines Tages besitze ich ein Porsche 911. Mein Luftpistole ist ein Walther LP200. Mein sportsgewehr ist ein Anschutz. I am a big fan of both German beer and food. So I decided to take German language classes in my early 30s to familiarize myself with the language and better understand the culture. I have a dream to visit Germany, tour the country on a BMW and visit the plants of Steyr, Walther and Anschutz and perhaps shoot in a club-level AP match or two while there.

Now, the boring stuff:
My AP60 personal best is 567, my competition best is 554, my last competition score was a 541, but it was with no practice and a borrowed pistol, so that is to be discounted a bit. I should be shooting above 550 all the time, but my practice schedule is just getting started, so I will be there in short order.

I have never tried FP, but I am going to this year. I am staying at the National Championships in GA after the AP to watch the FP competition and get some information straight from the shooters themselves. Maybe try one there as well? I don't know.

OK, end of long-winded message. Register for the board or at least send me an email so I can communicate with you directly in the future.

Guter Tag zu Ihnen alter Mann! ;o)
Tseug

AP scores

Post by Tseug »

Luft-Patrick:

"Alter Mann", you wrote. Well, I am not that old.
Seems my chances of winning (over you, then) in AP are relatively good.

I appreciate your admiration of german ingeneering. Good, but costly.

Your friend,

Tseug.
Chris

Post by Chris »

I am in for the match

OR Indoor State Championships Feb 19th
Fred Mannis

My Entry for the Hamburger Open

Post by Fred Mannis »

Shot the Delaware State AP Championship this morning with a 537. This is my fourth AP match and a personal best, so I am a happy camper.
DrAmazon

Post by DrAmazon »

Is there a women's category? How would that work since we shoot 40 shot matches?