Advice Needed

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Chris

Post by Chris »

I knew could all get along

happy shooting to all
2650 Plus

Advice needed

Post by 2650 Plus »

I doubt if getting along is the goal worth reaching. Communicating effectively the ideas that help us improve the sport is my only purpose in posting to this forum. Some times I do good and sometimes not so good . Steve, Russ, Bryan, Ed Hall,JackH, Rob and all the other posters have ideas that just may help some strugling shooter break out into the light. If a good argument erupts and each defends their point of view effectively an oppertunity for learning occurs. That is good. Good Shooting Bill Horton
Chris

Post by Chris »

Bill,

Some of the posts by some people are not constructive and do not show respect for others opinions and experience. I do not like to see other people attack others character just because they do not think they have proven themselves. It is BS. If people do not feel like they are respected, even after it has been earned by many, they will go away to spend their time doing something else and be missed.

I agree it is very helpful to have a healthy debate/argument as long as it stays that way and does not end up in a contest at who is better at sharing knowledge or who can shoot better scores which some people are stuck with thinking that is the measure of who is better qualified at telling others how this sport of ours works. I can see if a person posts some complete bit of BS about how to do XYZ they should find lots of posts that disagree and some choice comments as long as it is kept professional.

I think for the most part there is lots of good information shared here and most people do respect others. I want to see it stay this way. If we all help each other improve then maybe we we will see each other at the olympics...if that is where you see yourself in the future.

Treat others how you want to be treated.