Corami V Sauer

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Dmaryakh

Re: Corami V Sauer

Post by Dmaryakh »

SportShootingDepot.com carries both in stock for US athletes. Come to the next CMP match at Camp Perry and try both of them out to decide which ones you like better! Same goes for the Rifle Boots.
https://sportshootingdepot.com/product- ... /footwear/
Leon

Post by Leon »

Agt. Smith wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:02 am I suspect those would clearly provide a stable platform, but for myself I worry about fatigue and the lack of cushioning.

I have really wide feet, and while very different from the Corami's - I use these in 4E width.

They are basically for completely neutral feet, and I could literally stand in them all day with little fatigue. I've been buying them for years and use them for work as well.

https://www.hoka.com/en/us/mens-road/bo ... lsrc=aw.ds
Thanks for this post. I had never heard of this shoe brand or model before and, after seeing the many positive reviews, have just ordered a pair.

And, if they suck, I'm holding you personally responsible ! :)
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Leon wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:48 pm
Agt. Smith wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:02 am I suspect those would clearly provide a stable platform, but for myself I worry about fatigue and the lack of cushioning.

I have really wide feet, and while very different from the Corami's - I use these in 4E width.

They are basically for completely neutral feet, and I could literally stand in them all day with little fatigue. I've been buying them for years and use them for work as well.

Thanks for this post. I had never heard of this shoe brand or model before and, after seeing the many positive reviews, have just ordered a pair.

They sound WAY too squishy to be good for pistol shooting.
Agt. Smith

Post by Agt. Smith »

Gwhite wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:18 pm They sound WAY too squishy to be good for pistol shooting.
You may need to try a pair. Until you get use to them, they border on being flat-out (excuse the pun) uncomfortable until you get use to them.

Frankly, you simply have to re-learn how to walk in them. Weird, until you wear them a dozen times or so

The "squishy" blue inserts that come with them - yes, they are useless and cause me to rock back and forth dramatically. The thin grey felt liners (for me) work the best. They are thin and flat.

Maybe they're like Dumbo's magic feather, but I'm getting use to them and think some day they may help. We'll see.

P.S. I hope to get down to your neck of the woods soon for a WSA shoot, and I will make sure to bring them.
Leon

Post by Leon »

Leon wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:48 pm

The Hoka One Bondi SR Mens arrived a day after I ordered them. They feel amazing!

Even my 2 fashionista daughters approve of their styling...

My arthritic knees, hip and deteriorating hip replacement thank you - and hopefully I won't be in severe pain after standing on hard concrete for a Air/ Standard/Centrefire match !
Agt. Smith

Post by Agt. Smith »

Leon wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:33 pm The Hoka One Bondi SR Mens arrived a day after I ordered them. They feel amazing!
My wife and I use to run marathons every year and switched from Brooks to Hoka as soon as they were available in the US. Probably 10 years now I suspect.

I even wear the Bondi-L (black leather) to work. The Bondi 7 was a bit different than the 6 - but still the best running and walking shoes I've ever tried. I am 6'2 and 200 lbs - so I need something substantial, well padded, and completely neutral.

But having said all this, I suspect once you try the Corami's - you'll never wear Hoka's shooting again. I can almost guarantee it.
Leon

Post by Leon »

Agt. Smith wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:55 am
Leon wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:33 pm The Hoka One Bondi SR Mens arrived a day after I ordered them. They feel amazing!
My wife and I use to run marathons every year and switched from Brooks to Hoka as soon as they were available in the US. Probably 10 years now I suspect.

I even wear the Bondi-L (black leather) to work. The Bondi 7 was a bit different than the 6 - but still the best running and walking shoes I've ever tried. I am 6'2 and 200 lbs - so I need something substantial, well padded, and completely neutral.

But having said all this, I suspect once you try the Corami's - you'll never wear Hoka's shooting again. I can almost guarantee it.
Flushed with success with the Bondi SR Mens, I've just bought the Bondi 7s as well - again based on your feedback.(Perhaps you should ask Hoka for commission?) I'm approximately the same height and weight as you and am going to use the Bondi 7s as a return to running. Arthritic knees & hip be damned !
Agt. Smith

Post by Agt. Smith »

Getting back into it can be tough. I think most runners will agree that working through "re-entry" knee pain is possible if you take it easy and don't overdo it. Good luck!