Walther lp400 vs morini

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
deadeyedick

Re: Walther lp400 vs morini

Post by deadeyedick »

No, all it shows is that one of the world's great shooters can win with just about anything.
This is not completely true . Even though the elite shooters of this world will shoot "just about anything" better than most of us, suggesting that an elite shooter can win a World Cup using "just about anything" is taking it too far.

The equipment is very important and as it turns out the LP400 is amongst the best available. As a result of being a "johnny come lately" leaves it at a disadvantage, however make no mistake that in the hands of a top shooter it gives nothing away to the likes of Steyr, Morini and FWB.
NanoZ.

Post by NanoZ. »

Walther is claiming space

In the last World Cup finals in Brazil 3 days ago (16 April 2016) the shooter who came third Jurej Tužinský of Slovakia used a Walther Lp 400.
Two other shooters, Oleh Omelchuk (Ukraine) and Demir Mikec (Serbia) think they used Walther LP300.
The video of the final is very exciting that Pablo Carrera of Spain wins the final in the last shot.

Ask forum members, confirm whether the two air pistols mentioned are LP300, then they had more Walther brand than morini (only one) of Vietnam Tran Quoc thrown.

Nano
conradin

Post by conradin »

NanoZ. wrote:Walther is claiming space

In the last World Cup finals in Brazil 3 days ago (16 April 2016) the shooter who came third Jurej Tužinský of Slovakia used a Walther Lp 400.
Two other shooters, Oleh Omelchuk (Ukraine) and Demir Mikec (Serbia) think they used Walther LP300.
The video of the final is very exciting that Pablo Carrera of Spain wins the final in the last shot.

Ask forum members, confirm whether the two air pistols mentioned are LP300, then they had more Walther brand than morini (only one) of Vietnam Tran Quoc thrown.

Nano
If I recall those are LP300XT
Scrench

Post by Scrench »

Just bought an LP400 Club Carbon Compact. Sold my Steyr LP10.

The trigger from the factory is mediocre because the weight ratio of the the first and second stage is off, easily corrected. No reflections in the sights noted. The fact that the rear sight depth can't be adjusted is a non issue, plenty there. That and the grip are the only downgrades from this guns siblings. The grip IS flat compared to anything else, feels a lot like a Weihrauch HW 40 with a palm shelf (my son has one), but mine is the synthetic black grip, have no idea what the wooded one feels like. I'm going to fool around with it to fill in the no contact zones of my hand, but the biggest drawback of the Club model is not so much the grip (I actually like the adjustable thumb shelf), but the fact that this version of the gun is missing a rod in the grip that prevents it from being rotated, canted, or anything else. I'll probably spring for the rod and wooden grip after I've tortured the synthetic, BUT, the black grip with the almost pewter color of the gun looks absolutely gorgeous. You have to see it in person in the light, but easily gets my vote for best looking AP bar none. Accuracy? My first two test targets were only 1 point off of my PR, out of the box, no adjustment, using some Vogel pellets. Vastly prefer the loading gate of this gun, like a Pardini K58, compared to my former LP10. It's quieter too. I don't like heavy or nose-heavy guns, and it took me a long time and money to find the right combination of stuff to get the LP10 where I wanted it. This gun hits pretty close as is. Who cares if only one big name can be identified with this gun yet? The question is, what can it do for you. Right now, there is no other gun I'd rather own

See Ya' Shootin',
Richard
javaduke

Post by javaduke »

I just discovered one annoying feature (or should I call it "a bug"?) of LP400 which I've never seen on any other guns before. The rest sight notch depth adjustment also changes the elevation. First I noticed that the gun is shooting too high, I started clicking it down and suddenly ran out of clicks and the gun was still shooting 9-ring at 12 o'clock. Closer inspection revealed that the notch depth adjusting screw is touching the top of the grip, preventing further elevation adjustment. I turned the notch depth screw a few clicks up and the gun started shooting 7- and 6-ring, and it took me a while to find my zero again.

(Edit:) On a second thought, it could be because the grip angle is too shallow.
Scrench

Post by Scrench »

javaduke,

Makes me glad I have the "Club" version that doesn't have the notch depth adjustment.

Tried a Morini 162EI this weekend, did not like it. Of course if I hadn't owned a Steyr LP10 or my Walther, I wouldn't know that there were better guns for me out there. Thought the Morini would be quieter, it wasn't. Thought the grip would fit pretty good from the world famous Morini company, it didn't. The thing I really didn't like is the muzzle flip, much worse then a Walther or Steyr (I shot mine with a Nygard Tubo Comp). Glad I didn't blindly buy one, which I almost did until the Walther came along. Very happy camper now.