Steyr Sport Evo10 and Evo10E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
conradin

Re: Steyr Sport Evo10 and Evo10E

Post by conradin »

I love the idea of the canting sights, because to set up the cant of the grip is a very time consuming and inaccurate thing to to do, to me it is a big deal. However I do not trust the lithium battery. The shroud I don't care since I use a Gehman trigger guard weight. The rest of the changes I don't care much, I am happy with my LP10E.

I have just emailed Manuela Neuzil if those canting sights can be installed on the LP10E. Let's hope to hear from her soon after she comes back from Nuremburg.
Last edited by conradin on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frenzy81

Post by Frenzy81 »

David Levene wrote: It's obviously a matter of personal preference but I can't see the point of a trigger stop on an electronic trigger.

The normal reason for a trigger stop is to limit the trigger travel when it goes lighter after it has gone off (normally a reduction of 50-100g on a mechanical AP trigger). That is obviously not a problem on an electronic trigger as it doesn't go lighter.
Yup, I even wrote that but removed it before posting. I have the LP50e in addition to LP10 and if I try shooting single shots with it I'll "pull through" every 7 or 8 shots, causing a big drop of the muzzle and a very low hit. I have a pretty distinct trigger pull so if there's nothing stopping the trigger I'll move it pretty far back.

It's not ideal but it's just how I do it. I've made a "MacGyver" trigger stop solution for my LP50e but that's a gun I use for 5-6 air standard / falling plate competitions each year so it'll work. For my main gun I would need a better solution.
therider

Post by therider »

The grip can still be 'canted'.
Rover

Post by Rover »

therider has it right. Rasps and putty are readily available; no need to wait. Don't whine at us here; do it, damnit!
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

The P8X is very tempting. If you look at the P44, it's a very tall gun. The barrel and sights are way above the hand. The P8X has a very Steyr-like build, with the barrel axis much lower in the hand.
rmca

Post by rmca »

Does anybody know why Steyr hasn't updated their website yet?

http://www.steyr-sport.com/index.php/en/
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

I would wager that they have someone that looks after their website for them and failed to coordinate a marketing release.
Image Image
flolo

Post by flolo »

some thoughts about canting/ canting-adjustable sights:

if you do an experiment and shoot your airgun ghetto-style( at 90 degree angle) you'll see that the point of impact differs extremely from what one would suspect, not just because of gravity, but also because of the rifling of the barrel. so if you cant, how can you be sure you always cant at the same angle? adjustable sights might be of help here, but the reason for canting is usually a posture problem( remember: Minder shot his way because he had to, not because he wanted to) therefore adjusting the sights might mask another problem and might lead to canting the canted sights.

so, if you followed me thus far: can adjustable grips and cantable sights improve your shooting when a; there's an underlying problem in your shooting form/ posture and b; the introduction of forces/ moments at an angle to the barrel axis( which adds uncontrollable tension to your hold) generates even more problems? I'd say no, and better get used to dremel and putty.
therider

Post by therider »

@flolo
in my case I have had a few canting problems, always after fiddling around with grip, never with my natural posture. I have not really understood what cauased the problem. The inclination was always towards the left.

I agree, that it would be better to remove the problem working on the grip rather than just canting the pistol or the sights in the other direction
j-team

Post by j-team »

Some clarification here.

Sights that can be rotated around the barrel axis will have no detrimental effect on the trajectory of the shot because they will still be directly over the centre of the bore. The FWB sights rotate like this, and looking at the radius on the top of the Steyr rear sight, it also appears to be the case with those too.

It is not the same as tipping the whole pistol over.
flolo

Post by flolo »

I'm sorry, but you didnt get my point
django

Post by django »

Steyr evo :
1. Canting sight rear and front - I like it
2. new Grip - I like it
3. new alu trigger unit - I like it
4. New contact switch - I like it
---------------------
i dont like it :
1. Rechargeable batteries
2. Usb charging port - Don't you get it its most easy broken . We all have smartphone and know how this thing easy broken.
3. Hole in shroud-as pistol shooter i love heavy gun in championship. More heavy , more stable when we shoot in championship or in final. More dirt can stay on gap between shroud and barrel.

Suggest :
-better if stayer can cut its barrel shroud two part 70 % back and 30% front. So shooter want heavy gun can put all shroud attach. Shooter who doesn't like heavy can take 70% back and attach 30% front shroud for front sight (Genius heh...why they don't think like me lol . If they implement my idea they should give me at least 1 brand new pistol hahah)
-put back old AAA baterai on it.

Final :
I may buy this for collection only.
I can shoot training score 583 with my stone age morini. Whit this can i shoot 590 ? i don't thing so....
china shooter women shoot with steyr LP1 converted with PCP and mad into final .

For FBW EVO :
i like it most...beautiful air pistol. I hove we can see this pistol on final ISSF both woman and man.
ruig

Post by ruig »

I think that the most beautiful thing in the shooting sport is... there is no universal approach how to shoot good and constant during a long period of time.
If something suits you - it won't suit me and vice versa.

Invest time, find and buy proper gear. Test pellets, set velocity to get tight groups. Do 80 shots test. Check if everything works constant.

If gear won't work for you - I don't think that factory wants to know it.
conradin

Post by conradin »

I'm ordering the new sights, Manuela just confirmed they can be used on the old Steyr.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

How much ?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

It'll be interesting to see how they handle canting the front sight.

I presume that they've got a way of doing it on the Evo, but can that also be added to the old model.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

You would assume that if answer is no it would make the rear sight purchase pointless.
argus

Post by argus »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z41u7KQsGo4
Looks like new front sight will work on old models
I imagine if the cant on the front sight did not exactly match the cant on the rear sight the sight picture would be very annoying
Last edited by argus on Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Thanks Argus
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

On the LP2 the compensator can be rotated to match the rear sight.