Larry's gun Update

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
robinhoods

larrys guns.watch out-check dates on cylinders

Post by robinhoods »

Hey oldcaster
forget it-you're wasting your time.
They don't get it or as one person said 99.99% don't care,But he answered didn't he.
Why would you care if you pay for something new and you get it but it has Five year old parts.
I scored in the 98 percentile and qualified for appeals court judge among one of the jobs but I guess buying new and expecting new is not relevant anymore in this country. Why support someone like Pilkguns who takes it on the chin on older cylinder dates by giving you a discount if you want the gun when you can go to Larrys and buy a gun with cyllinders five yrs old and he gets the full amount.
Then you take it on the chin when you sell the gun. I thought this subject was dead and I just saw it today again. I think I'm out of here for good and will just keep an eye out for a gun that I am looking for and forget about posting.
Why post?
remnar

Post by remnar »

Having watched this from afar for months, please consider this: internet forums exist for all to post their ideas: positive, negative, and other. As a forum reader/now user I want to see everyone's thoughts and then "I" will make a choice as to what "I," deem worthy, or not worthy. Every observation, good/bad/neutral, is relevant, to me. Read this as: every post has value. The only comment I would make is that attacking each other does not serve the goal of the forum: which is to learn from each other. We are, truly, brothers and sisters in pursuit of the same goal- excellence in competition. Please, let us keep it that way. remnar
Jacko

Re: larrys guns.watch out-check dates on cylinders

Post by Jacko »

robinhoods wrote:...Why would you care if you pay for something new and you get it but it has Five year old parts.
I scored in the 98 percentile and qualified for appeals court judge among one of the jobs but I guess buying new and expecting new is not relevant anymore in this country...
Another trademarked SubtleBrag, brought to you by robinhoods. He doesn't even try to link them to the story now, they're just randomly placed.
Last edited by Jacko on Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

And just to clarify for some of the sympathisers: when this saga was first posted, the first reply was from someone who said they'd bought several guns from Larry and had nothing but exceptional service. It was just a factual statement with no mention of robinhoods. Instead of acknowledging that, perhaps, Larry had conducted one or two trouble-free transactions over the years, he attacks the poster saying:
"what do you think I'm lying"
"let's throw a party - what has that got to do with me"
"there were people who said Son of Sam was a good quiet neighbour"

It's that attitude that has attracted much of the criticism he has received.
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

Jacko, you need to read Matthew 7:4 before posting next time.
breakfastchef

Post by breakfastchef »

oldcaster wrote:Jacko, you need to read Matthew 7:4 before posting next time.
Who is Matthew? I am new to 10M pistol shooting.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

breakfastchef wrote:
It was a biblical reference relating to how one supposedly ought not to criticize others, as we all have our flaws. I started thinking this was a b******t notion when I was starting to seriously question the notion of a supreme being, around age 10. It has become more and more clear in the subsequent 42 years that my doubts were well founded. Criticism of idiots and their behaviour may be futile, like shovelling your way out of quicksand, but it is useful to vent sometimes, to relieve the tension built up while observing a world largely peopled with buffoons. Robinhoods was being a d**k. Calling him on it is just, well, obvious. There are many better ways of dealing with his cylinder issue. He chose the low road. The big book of Judeo-Christian fairie tales has nothing to do with it.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I knew there was something about you I liked.
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

Yeah I won't be doing that. Try to avoid derailing this thread with your religious nonsense too because the mods will just nuke this whole thread if it goes in the direction you want to take it.
breakfastchef

Post by breakfastchef »

Thanks for the clarification that the reference was from a work of literary fiction.
Gerard wrote:
breakfastchef wrote:
It was a biblical reference relating to how one supposedly ought not to criticize others, as we all have our flaws. I started thinking this was a b******t notion when I was starting to seriously question the notion of a supreme being, around age 10. It has become more and more clear in the subsequent 42 years that my doubts were well founded. Criticism of idiots and their behaviour may be futile, like shovelling your way out of quicksand, but it is useful to vent sometimes, to relieve the tension built up while observing a world largely peopled with buffoons. Robinhoods was being a d**k. Calling him on it is just, well, obvious. There are many better ways of dealing with his cylinder issue. He chose the low road. The big book of Judeo-Christian fairie tales has nothing to do with it.
joel

Post by joel »

Funny, it happened to me around age 10 as well. Perhaps that's a common time of awakening and thinking on one's own without a parent's influence.

Gerard wrote:
breakfastchef wrote:
robinhoods

larry

Post by robinhoods »

another idiot like jocko the jerk.
Jocko says it's ok to praise a dealer for a good deal but not critisize for a bad one.
Hey I'm a big boy-so what if I complained. This is a forum isn't it.Ok-I see now as long as I go in line with your way of thinking if not you don't like it. I know just the type you are.
Boo Hoo Hoo-somebody called me a name,I want to sue,Where's my lawyer.
What a bunch of babies here. Go get your ba ba. Now these back door religious fanatics come in here using this as an excuse to get in there fairy tale story. Who wrote the bible and all those stories.
The same ones that are writing all the stories in Hollywood today-2000 yrs later and also television and the media-all the same. Remember the Roman army back then.Look what they did when they went into gaul with 40,000 soldiers.
They killed millions and when they trapped Vercingetorix at alesia,they were surrounded on both sides by almost 300,000 gauls and caesar beat them. Maybe they turned the other cheek.
The point is the roman army as powerful as it was back then do you think they would crucify someone who could work miracles and heal the sick and raise the dead.
Yeah right! they would have him at the front of their army healing soldiers and raising dead soldiers as they fell or he would be dead himself and all his relatives. The romans documented everything and there is not much out there about miracle workers and even then they are not even sure if it is the right one.
Goodbye and have fun-if you don't like my comments put a pellet in your pistol and shove it and pull the trigger but you would just be wasting a good pellet for a lot of you sacred cows and cry babies
Gerard

Re: larry

Post by Gerard »

robinhoods wrote:another idiot like jocko the jerk.
Jocko says it's ok to praise a dealer for a good deal but not critisize for a bad one.
Hey I'm a big boy-so what if I complained. This is a forum isn't it.Ok-I see now as long as I go in line with your way of thinking if not you don't like it. I know just the type you are.
Boo Hoo Hoo-somebody called me a name,I want to sue,Where's my lawyer.
What a bunch of babies here. Go get your ba ba. Now these back door religious fanatics come in here using this as an excuse to get in there fairy tale story. Who wrote the bible and all those stories.
The same ones that are writing all the stories in Hollywood today-2000 yrs later and also television and the media-all the same. Remember the Roman army back then.Look what they did when they went into gaul with 40,000 soldiers.
They killed millions and when they trapped Vercingetorix at alesia,they were surrounded on both sides by almost 300,000 gauls and caesar beat them. Maybe they turned the other cheek.
The point is the roman army as powerful as it was back then do you think they would crucify someone who could work miracles and heal the sick and raise the dead.
Yeah right! they would have him at the front of their army healing soldiers and raising dead soldiers as they fell or he would be dead himself and all his relatives. The romans documented everything and there is not much out there about miracle workers and even then they are not even sure if it is the right one.
Goodbye and have fun-if you don't like my comments put a pellet in your pistol and shove it and pull the trigger but you would just be wasting a good pellet for a lot of you sacred cows and cry babies
... as I was saying, in spades this time... this guy's quite a piece of work. Perhaps we ought to be more gentle with criticizing his stinky manners, lest he take his bad attitude and cross it with his dubious IQ and become the next spree killer for 'revenge' on all us big bad Internet bullies.
v76

Post by v76 »

The mods are taking their sweet time on this thread...
FredB

agreed

Post by FredB »

v76 wrote:The mods are taking their sweet time on this thread...
Agreed. Far more intelligent threads than this one have been locked or deleted. If ever something exemplified the phrase "a race to the bottom", this thread is it.
william

Post by william »

robinhoods on June 4: "I think I'm out of here for good...."

Whew, that lasted all of 5 days.
rmca

Re: agreed

Post by rmca »

FredB wrote:
v76 wrote:The mods are taking their sweet time on this thread...
Agreed. Far more intelligent threads than this one have been locked or deleted. If ever something exemplified the phrase "a race to the bottom", this thread is it.
+1